A Spectacular Christmas Special

[Four Months Before The Beautification: December 24th]

In the quiet moment, Christmas Eve is a tiny flower in a gentle palm, delicate and soft. Amid all this glitter and noise how simple it would be not to see such beauty. Through the troubles of the chaotic world of heroes and villains, there were still moments to stop and take in the bounty of the red berries nature has brought, the brightness that warms each bright winter day and celebrates Christmas Eve.

Snow and Christmas lights to greyscale nights, kissed by ever-morphing blues, transform what was good and sleeping into strong soul glue. The streets and accompanying residential buildings were plastered with festive lights, adding the sparkle of moonlight upon the sea waves rather than a cheap electrical glow through plastic molds. Those who were awake and out to explore the city saw the beauty it held. The Christmas light this season is learning how to silence entitlement and amplify gratitude and true giving of the soul.

Taeko swung around the streets of Mustafa before morning traffic could begin. Even if he didn't need to take a car to get through the streets, it made his morning more barnacle without endless honking horns. The city had seemingly been reinvigorated with life at the entrance of the festive seasons, meaning much more people were out and about. He was forced to wear one of his old suits, instead of how new one that Hatsume helped him make, thus depriving him of much-needed internal heating systems.

 He was forced to wear one of his old suits, instead of how new one that Hatsume helped him make, thus depriving him of much-needed internal heating systems

An unspoken ceasefire in the name of the holidays had seemingly been called, as no threats or acts of violence occurred. This allowed hard-working heroes a brief break from fighting, and spend time with the loved ones they protect. However, Taeko didn't let his guard down and kept up his routine patrols. He didn't trust villains enough to simply pause their lives for the sake of Christmas.

"Third time I've passed by the block and not one mugger." Taeko said, landing on top of an office building roof to survey a small neighborhood. Whenever he passed by there was always a mugger or some low-level villain trying to do something devious. "Maybe I am just paranoid."

Taeko sighed as he rubbed his arms together, now starting to succumb to the cold weather. For some reason, this particular city was always hit hard with the rain of arctic glitter. He shakily pulled out his phone to check the weather for the next days, as he didn't want to keep going out as Spider-Man with this weather.

"Snow...snow...more snow... potential blizzard tonight?" Taeko sighed, now reading the high expected rate for an even more intense snowstorm later that evening. The thought of having to swing through town completely staggered by frosted wind and shrouded skies made him shiver. It only pushed him to get to his next destination faster, leading him to pounce off the building in a far bound.

Swinging through Mustafa during the holidays was always a treat for the young man. The overhead lights and creative decorations made his traversal less monotonous at times. Giant frosty snowmen always brought a chuckle out of him, and the smell of delicious pastries always tempted him away from his goals. Watching the children build snow forts and wage wars of ice-kissed projectiles never failed to remind him of older days.