Call of Corruption P.3

[Eight Years Ago]

Four months after the end of Kingpin's empire his country-wide assets were seized by the heroes and police. Members loyal to Daiki held up a last-stand throughout the city but without their leader to support them, they had no guidance to rally behind. It took a great effort to round up the black market weapons and illegal drugs, but the combined efforts proved successful.

The country feared what wave of power struggles would occur now that the Kingpin was finally gone. In the short months after his arrest, many unknown villains tried to take his place, but none made it far.

Many of the pro heroes were fixated on keeping Kon's empire dismantled. The monopoly he once flaunted over the heads on the innocent had fallen, all thanks to Spider-Man. However, the vigilante responsible for this action was nowhere to be found.

Inside a private facility in a secured location only accessible through government means, laid the body of Etsuko. When the police found her inside of the capsule, they were too confused as to what was happening. A member of a separate branch of the Safety Commissions, stepped in to claim the subject.

Her body was carefully moved from the capsule and brought to an underground testing site. Etsuko was barely conscious during her travel, only mumbling her husband's name. The black substance that partially covered her didn't move, and its true purpose was still unclear.

Six doctors stood surrounding Etsuko, monitoring her vitals and health. The sleeping woman was slowly decaying over time, as the lack of knowledge of her condition consumed her. Multiple IV injections dug into her arms, trying to keep her vitals alive for the next procedure.

"How does this stuff keep growing?" One doctor asked, cautiously tapping one of the tentacles plastered on the wall. Most of the room was covered in a spiral, web of symbiote wires. The group of doctors inside was the last resort to help her, as others tried and failed.

"Burn them for all I care, this is just the product of some villain." Another answered, standing as far away from the slime as possible. His words unknowingly upset the symbiotic creature, forming a deep hatred for them in the room.

The door behind the six doctors opened and brought them to stand straight and bow. The head surgeon stood at the entrance, wearing a black hazmat suit instead of white. She nodded back at the group as she approached a table near the door.

She picked up a small recorder and held it up to her suit mask. "Audio log number 87, this is Doctor Kaede. The date is Tuesday the 4th of May, our patient is Etsuko Kon and her incipient daughter. My team and I have been tasked with saving the child, as it seems the mother won't survive much longer." The rest of the doctors cleared a way for her once she finished her recording.

"Is the child still breathing?" Asked Kaede, tightly pulling her gloves down. Each doctor wore a baggy white hazmat suit accompanied by large ventilation masks.

The other surgeon next to her nodded and showed her the ultrasound monitor. Inside of Etsuko contained her aging daughter, Akemi. The Quirk that All For One passed to her was now feeding off Etsuko and causing Akemi to grow each day.

"Then let's get the preparations started, we'll commence in thirty minutes." Replied the surgeon, walking over to the desk covered in tools. They were ordered to remove Akemi from inside since her mother was no longer suitable to keep her alive.

The thundering storm outside was hushed due to the depth of the facility, but the blaring tempest still shook them. As the doctors prepared to save Akemi, the symbiotic slime watched them. A small thread of cognition grew within the silent creature.