Old Wounds P.1

"Nothing like flying towards the most dangerous maximum-security prison in the entire world."

Taeko held onto the railing of an armored helicopter that flew across the massive ocean. What lied ahead, was Tartarus, the prison where the most dangerous and sadistic villains were held. Taeko heard stories had what went on within the prison, scaring him into never stepping foot in the facility. Until today.

Tartarus was located on a large island a few thousand yards away from the mainland. The building was a grim, black dark grey rectangle, showing no signs of life besides the flames that surrounded it. The bridge that connected the prison to the city had been destroyed, now being monitored by a few security guards.

In recent years, Tartarus was given a small remodel. A circling surface was built upon the natural rock formation, acting as a dock for vehicles and new stations. However, almost every single one of the stations was either destroyed or in the process of such. There were a few other heroes left fighting and tried to put down the growing riot.

A large explosion had destroyed the north side of the prison, letting many villains outside. There were about eight thousand feet of water between and the city, which was the only comfort he found. The villains had made quick work of many guards, leaving a bloody and broken mess everywhere. The lower levels were the most defenseless, due to the overpowering amount of villains stored there.

As Taeko approached the prison from the outside of the helicopter, he could feel the creeping chill of his upcoming encounter. "Only around three-hundred of the world's deadliest prisoners inside. No biggie." He whispered, discerning any worry into a joke.

Taeko's biometric scanner picked up multiple hostile energies, with there being a shrinking number of peaceful signatures. His senses went off before he spotted one figure in the distance holding their hands in the air.

A large ball of thunder formed in the distance, and the setting sun gave it a rosy glow. The man wore a prisoner jumpsuit and had long white hair that stretched down to his waist. Taeko's worry increased as the villain aimed it at the helicopter, making the pilot nearly choke on himself.

The lightning sphere suddenly shot directly at the two approaching members. Taeko moved quickly, breaking the window and grabbing the pilot. Spider-Man leaped away from the aircraft before the lightning blew it up, which pushed them towards the water. The two were almost seared by the lethal mixture of sparks and gas if it weren't for Taeko shooting a Web-Grenade behind them. The strong padding of silk didn't do much besides cover them from being burned. "Don't worry I got you!" Taeko shouted once the pilot began to scream, losing his years of courage gained in flight school.

Luckily Taeko was close to the dock of Tartarus and found a surface to swing off of. When he moved closer to the renovated landing, Taeko carefully dropped the pilot onto a pile of rope. A mixture of gunfire and crashing thuds filled everyone's ears, as this former prison was now a sight of war.

"Gotta- oh uh," Taeko started to speak, before hearing the screeching sound of tires scraping against the pavement. He looked in front of him, now staring down an incoming Tartarus transport van. Two steel gates were broken in half once the van collided through them. Inside of the vehicle sat an inmate who smirked upon noticing Spider-Man.

Taeko jumped out of way and avoided being run over into the ground. He thwipped onto the side of the van and stuck onto the driver's door. The inmate stopped smiling when he stared down Spider-Man. "Should've worn your seat belt." The hero sighed, before pulling the driver out of the open window.

He jumped away from the unmanned van, bringing the inmate with him. Before Taeko could save his attempted getaway device, it drove off the cliff and into the water. "You're gonna pay for-!" The inmate started to shout at Taeko, illuminating his body into a glowing light.