Homecoming

Mustafa

"One week ago the city of Mustafa saw the return of their Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. The vigilante who disappeared for eight long years, made an unexpected return after the villain known as the Green Goblin threatened the city. Now, let's hear some viewer opinions."

Morning sunshine beamed over every hue spread across town, as golden threads of morning light transformed the night into bright optimism. Taeko sat ontop the Ryo building, drinking from a fresh cup of coffee. The chin of his mask was raised so he could drink, exposing the content look on golden brown skin.

Ever since his return, the hero worked nonstop to help around, mirroring his old routine. Since many of the heroes were preoccupied with Jikshour's villains, he was left to keep the city safe. He encountered many criminals and villains, which were taken care of with ease. Spider-Man didn't use excessive force, but he didn't hold back when he needed to win.

————————————

"It's about time Spider-Man came back, I missed seeing that kid, er- adult now."

"Just like the old days, god I used to love watching Spider-Man web up the bad guys."

"Isn't the whole reason why he left was because he was an outlawed vigilante? I mean, did we all forget that he was a hunted by the police AND the heroes?"

————————————

So far, most of the city seemed to enjoy having the vigilante back in their lives. And Taeko, seemed to enjoy having his old identity back aswell. The recent years were nothing short of bland, but now things were just starting to look a little brighter. Both of his freelance jobs were still hectic, but the people around him were still supportive. Of course, he didn't reveal his identity to anyone, especially at the Daily Directive.

The red and blue suit carried the natural breeze of the winds, bringing him amiable drafts. Taeko forgot the thrillful sensation of swinging through the air. The entire week when he wasn't fighting crime, Taeko enjoyed the signature ability of Spider-Man.

Taeko's phone vibrated, and a loud police siren came from the audio ports. The young hero hacked into the police radio in order to stay alerted of current crime. There was so much to be done in this city, that it was almost an overwhelming sense of joy. For some reason he quite enjoyed the twelve hour patrols, as keeping busy was always helpful for his mind.

"All available units and heroes, we've got a highjacked truck, we're in pursuit but we'll need backup."

Taking the final sip from his coffee, the spider hero stood up. The streets below him weren't as nerve-wracking anymore, and he enjoyed the height. Taeko tossed the cup against the wall, before webbing it in place. The hero smiled, pulling back down his mask. "Work starts early today."

————————————

"If he wasn't busted before, he'll definitely stay out this time. None of these new heroes care, hell, they're not even here."

"I LOVE SPIDER-MAN, THE SUIT, THE JOKES, THE WAY HE JUST ZIP ZAP ZOPS AND DOES THE COOL POSES!"

"my son's a big fan, and after all the times he's saved people, I am too."

"Why doesn't he just register to be a real hero? And just avoid all the hate?"

————————————