CHAPTER 4 ~

he runs up to the temple door, "excuse me! are you hur--" he yells as he slams it open, only to reveal a horrific sight.

an ugly demon devouring a small family, as you and nezuko stood beside tanjiro, nezuko's drool dripped to the floor, her eyes shaking slightly, obviously trying to restrain herself.

your nose crunched up in disgust, yet your stomach grumbled in hunger, the former luckily overriding the latter.

-----------------------------------------------

3RD POV

tanjiro gasped in disgust, "oi, what are you three doing in my territory?" the demon questioned and eyed the three of you while licking the crimson-blood off his fingers.

"there's something off about you.." he queries, "are the three of you human?" he questions and stands up.

the light goes out and the next thing you knew, the demon had pounced onto tanjiro, and due to you and tanjiro's close vicinity, you were knocked into a tree.

you whine slightly and rub the arm that hit the tree, feeling the broken bones shuffle as you move it. you hear a groan as the demon lunges onto tanjiro again and starts choking him, you gasp as you run over to tanjiro, trying to pull him out from under the demon.

the demon glares at you angrily and uses his free arm to hit you, sending you into another tree far into the forest.

your back hit the trunk of a tree harshly, sending your head crashing into it. you slide down the tree and onto the floor, a small blood trail following behind.

tears left your eyes as pain flared through your body, luckily only for a minute or so. since soon after, you felt the pain start to sooth and your body able to move again.

'man, i'm a demon and still can't protect myself... i probably need to train or something' you think and sit up slowly, feeling a bit better.

'should i go and help tanjiro? i think he'll be fine with nezuko, right? yeah..' you decide to stay.

'maybe i should train until they're done..' you think and scratch your cheek, before nodding to yourself.

you turn to a tree and give it a harsh kick, probably breaking your leg but also making a small dent in the tree.

seeing the dent made you practically shine 'so i'm not that weak' you think happily.

after punching and kicking the tree a few times, it starts to topple over, making you sweat-drop. it hits the ground with a loud bang and sends dust particles flying everywhere.

you shielded your eyes and swatted the dust away.

after most of the dust was cleared, you decided to venture back to tanjiro and nezuko, only to gasp when you see nezuko flung into the forest, a demon body following soon after.

you narrow your eyes at the demon body and run after it, eyes going vertically slit, making your speed greater.

you leap forward at the demon, unknowingly sending both of you flying off a cliff. your eyes widen in terror, quickly letting go of the body and latching onto a small branch that was quite luckily hanging off the edge of the cliff.

clutching onto it extremely tightly, your lips quiver beneath your muzzle. on top of the mountain you hear tanjiro talking "nezuko! you're alright, how odd that the demon just flew off the cliff like that" he said and smiled at her.

you frowned, and with your inhumane strength, pulled yourself back over the edge of the cliff, sighing in relief as your body met firm ground.

you lay there for a minute before looking up, only to notice tanjiro and nezuko had left without you.

you hastily got up and ran over to the temple, where you could feel tanjiro and nezuko's auras.

as you make it to the temple, you turn your head back and notice the sky slowly turning orangey. you look forward and see tanjiro standing next to an older male, you guessed he was urokodaki, he had a strong aura.

as the sky slowly gets brighter you quickly run into the temple, just barely missing the sun's hot rays. you see nezuko already in the temple, hiding out in her basket with a blanket over her head.

from the outside you can hear the demon's screams of anguish as it shriveled up and died due to the sun, making you shiver slightly, goosebumps forming all over your cold skin.

less than a minute later, you watch as urokodaki takes the dead bodies out from the temple and buries them, before walking back out again, presumably to talk to tanjiro.

your eyes widen slightly as a question was asked from the outside "what would you do if your sister ate a human?" the man you guessed was urokodaki questioned tanjiro.

after hearing no response for a moment, a slap echoed through your ears. you sweat-drop.

you tune out again and furrow your eyebrows slightly 'he only mentioned one.. i'm guessing nezuko..' it happened all the time, but that didn't stop it from hurting.

soon tanjiro and come in and picked up nezuko's basket, leaving the temple quickly.

you followed short after, leaping straight at a tree.

you raised an eyebrow as you jogged just behind tanjiro, still in the trees. you guessed maybe he was training? though it felt a bit early for that.

you hold back a giggle as you watch tanjiro pant, obviously struggling running the distance.

to your luck, the sun set shortly after that and you were able to step out from the trees.

you stretched a bit before continuing to run just behind tanjiro, being sure not to lose him.

about ten minutes later, you had arrived at a small hut, and you guessed it was on my. sagiri. you hold back another laugh as tanjiro's soul leaves his body, right after urokodaki told him that wasn't the test and that he had to climb the mountain.

you kind of wanted to climb the mountain as well, but you were highly exhausted from all the healing and felt like you needed a good sleep. Urokodaki brought out one futon, and set it on the ground, placing nezuko comfortably on it. 

you sat in the corner as urokodaki leaves, as soon as he left, you shuffled beside nezuko and lay down on the hard wooden floor beside her.