PART 11 ~

words ; 1083

"it's too dangerous outside!" tamayo warns "we have a basement, so take her there!"

"understood! nezuko!" tanjiro shouts and nezuko nods before running down the basement.

the night sky illuminates the thrashing temari balls as they scatter around the already damaged house

susamaru giggles manically, her menacing yellow eyes glimmering in the moonlight.

"that's one down!"

beads of sweat roll down tanjiro's face as he readies his katan in front of him, 'she's giving off a totally different scent than any of the other demons! is she stronger? it's an intense smell! it feels so heavy inside my lungs! '

susamaru catches both temari's back in her pale heads, before grinning and making a noise of realization.

"mm? the demon slayer with hanafuda earrings... and the demon with red eyes.." she points out, not noticing the similarities with yours and her lords' eyes.

"it's you guys, isn't it?" 

tanjiro gasps, 'so she's after me?'

"miss tamayo!" he calls.

"please find a place to hide! i'm the one they're after!" he says.

tamayo furrows her eyebrows, "tanjiro-san, i want you to fight without worrying about us. we'll be fine without your protection. we're demons after all" she reassures.

'tanjiro-san.. it seems.. he really does not care about y/n-san'

"y/n-san" tamayo calls out to you, you look at her with slightly wide eyes.

"come here, stay inside, okay?"

thruth be told, tamayo was worried about you. since tanjiro seems to ignore your existence, she's worried that might end up with you getting hurt.

you glance at tanjiro for a moment before nodding and scurrying next to her, taking a seat beside her.

'even when tanjiro-san is so cruel to her, she still cares for him..'

you glance worriedly at yushiro, noticing your gaze, tamayo softly smiles.

"do not fret, y/n-san. he will be alright." you nod, still slightly worried.

"well then..." susamaru starts.

"it's all over for you now!"

she pegs a temari staright at tanjiro, he stays still.

'that temari will only swerve if i dodge it' he closes his eyes for a moment, before opening them with a gasp.

'of the ten forms.. the fastest thrusting technique.. total concentration... water breathing!  seventh form, drop ripple thrust-curve!'