EPILOGUE

MANGA SPOILERS!

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

"CAW! ONE MINUTE TO SUNRISE!!"

you stand behind a corner, watching cautiously as all the demon slayers battle against your father.

you knew they had zero chance of winning, but you still didn't like seeing your father getting hurt.

the one minute had passed slower than ever and the sun was starting to rise, the demon slayers were shouting and screaming to keep him in the sun as muzan pretends to be worried, trying to go hide in a building.

but as the sun had risen the whole way for where a demon should be dead, he stopped in his tracks, along with the demon slayers.

"why isn't he dying?!"

"the sun has risen, what's wrong with him!"

mutters were circling around but they're interrupted by a long, mocking laugh. muzan steps back, he had a crazy look in his eyes.

he faces all the slayers, "you demon slayers really thought you could beat me?" he chuckles mockingly.

he was standing right in a beam of sunlight, the slayers drop to their knees in defeat.

"he's.. immune to the sun.."

"but he hasn't gotten nezuko! how?!" a very familiar voice screams, you grin.

muzan sends you a glance, you nod.

you bolt through all the slayers, running through and up to muzan's side, reverting your appearance back to usual.

"because of me" you bow to them all.

tanjiro drops his katana, "[n-name]?!" he screams.

you grin, "that's me~!"

the survivors turn to him, "you know this demon?!"

he gulps, "she is my little sister"

"was~!" you say in a sing-song voice, everyone looks between you both shocked.

"but i thought nezuko was your only sister!!"

you pout, "so you never told them about me, tanjiro, nezuko?"

both siblings gulp, nezuko was back into a human and looked just as she did the day she sacrificed you.

"how sad.." you sigh, "you guys.. are all going to die. while we.. live on forever"

you laugh, wiping a tear from your eye.

muzan surveys each slayer, "kill them"

you grin menacingly, "gladly"

and just like that, every last demon slayer was dead. tanjiro, nezuko, zenitsu, inosuke. each hashira. each extra slayer who were dragged into this.

the ground was covered in blood and limbs, you smile in satisfaction, skipping over and jumping up onto muzan's back.

he holds you tight, "come on, [name]. let's go home"

you rest your head on his back.

you would miss the upper moons, yes. but nothing was better than living with muzan, your new father, forever.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

words ; 436

date posted ; 19/04/22

©_behindyou_