CHAPTER 5 ~

you kind of wanted to climb the mountain as well, but you were highly exhausted from all the healing and felt like you needed a good sleep. urokodaki brought out one futon, and set it on the ground, placing nezuko comfortably on it.

you sat in the corner as urokodaki leaves, as soon as he left, you shuffled beside nezuko and lay down on the hard wooden floor beside her.

------------------------------------------------

TIMESKIP, AROUND 2 YEARS LATER

3RD POV

during the two years of tanjiro's training, both you and nezuko had slept the whole time, except it was different for you.

sometimes you would dream, and every dream would be about a man with crimson-red eyes. you knew who the man was, he was the one who killed your family. but for some reason, you held no resentment for him.

you didn't know why. but you didn't hate him. he killed your family, you should hate him. right?

but you just couldn't bring yourself too and throughout the whole two years, you couldn't figure out why.

but the times when you weren't dreaming, you were laying in a field of flowers.

they were blue flowers, to be exact. and they were shaped unlike any flower you had seen before, you recall there also being a red version of them, but the blue ones made you feel at peace.

but it wasn't all peace and quiet, throughout the two years when you were t the flower field, you could hear everything from the outside world.

you could hear how they got a doctor to check on nezuko, and not you.

you heard every time they mentioned nezuko's name, and not once yours.

and you had to admit, you were jealous.

you just wanted to be treated equally, but that didn't seem possible.

what was so wrong with you? why weren't you deemed important enough to remember?

you didn't know why they left you out, or forgot your name. they were your siblings, your family. they should remember right? but they didn't. they never did. they never could remember your name.

the only person you remember who ever even acknowledged you, was your father. he was too much of a kind soul to neglect you like the rest, but that didn't last long.

-----------------------------------------

you rubbed your eyes as you got up from your sleeping position on the hard floor, 'am i finally awake?' you wonder.

you turn your head to the side and see nezuko also out of her bed, though you can sense her outside.

wondering what she's doing, you also look outside.

you see nezuko, tanjiro, and urokodaki hugging, with both tanjiro and urokodaki crying.

'i'm glad he made it back from final selection safe..' you thought and headed back inside, plopping down where you were previously sleeping, there was nothing else to do anyways.

---------------------

Around 15 days had passed and from the outside I could hear some odd wind chimes, 'huh? i don't remember there being wind chimes here?' you thought.

you peeked out from your shady corner and saw tanjiro talking to some guy with a large hat, you sweat-dropped when he raised his head, revealing is hyottoko mask.

he started poking tanjiro awkwardly as tanjiro invited him inside.

after a few minutes they had finally come inside and the man had given tanjiro a scabbard, containing his new katana.

as tanjiro raised it, you watch in awe as it turned a beautiful dark black, not even noticing the raging swordsmith until he tackled tanjiro to the ground.

you sweat-drop at his aggressive behavior.

not a minute after a pretty black crow had flew in through the window, yelling orders at tanjiro.

your eyes went wobbly 'the crow can talk?'.

you creeped back into your corner as the swordsmith left and tanjiro went into his room to change.

he came back out not long after wearing the demon slayer uniform, it was the same as the males you had met a few years back.

on top he had on his usual black-and-green checkered haori, with his katana in his scabbard on his side.

you were lucky you had gone to the town a few days before your family had died, otherwise you would have been wearing a tatty kimono.

(what you're wearing)

(Terrible drawing but it just kind show she looks, also not her actual weight, that's just how I draw)

it wasn't amazing quality, but it was all you could afford at the moment, you always had a small needle and thread with you to stitch it up if it got broken.

you tie your silky (h/c) to (f/c) hair in a low ponytail with a ribbon you found a while back.

you peek out of your shadow again and see urokodaki giving tanjiro a box, you hear him say it's for nezuko to be safe from the sun.

you frowned, not seeing a second box but just shook you head.

'it's fine, i can walk. urokodaki-san probably didn't have enough materials for a second one.' you told yourself, though you knew you were just saying it to make you feel better.

after nezuko had gone into the box, tanjiro was waving urokodaki goodbye, it was still midday so you had to hide in the trees again.

you leaped into the trees before tanjiro left so you had a head start, a minute or so later tanjiro had started walking your direction and venturing off to his mission.