Chapter 3

Although they were officially legally married, Mrs. Weasley had placed Harry and Hermione into separate bedrooms, Harry had been given his old cot in Ron's room and yet again Hermione was sharing with Ginny.

Hermione had complained about the length of time they had been married and kept separate. Even her parents had put Harry in to the guest bedroom, and it was now annoying Hermione that it seemed they were not trusted. Not being treated fairly.

"It's not that I want to start a sexual relationship Harry we're to young for that. It's just we're married we should be sleeping together like other married couples. They should trust us and leave us alone," She complained as they made their way to bed.

Ginny giggled and pushed Hermione gently in the back "How you could possibly get into bed with a hunk like Harry and keep your hands off him, I don't know?"

"I never said I was going to keep my hands off him," Hermione laughed as Harry looked at her and mouthed "Hunk, me?"

Two a m, something woke Harry from his troubled sleep, he was not exactly sure what it was that was troubling him but try as he might he could not get back to sleep. At three a m, he decided a nice cup of hot chocolate might just be the thing to help him sleep. Quietly he made his way down the crooked stairway that led to the Burrow kitchen. He had just finished making his drink when he sensed someone behind him, turning quickly Harry came face to face with a most unexpected yet happily welcomed visitor.

"Mum?" he gasped almost soundlessly, "Mum is it really you?" Harry looked in shock as his mother took a seat at the large scrubbed white table.

"Yes sweetheart it's me, Albus is not dead yet so here I am, I volunteered as soon as I heard," Lily Potter answered in a rich musical voice.

Harry was just about to step forward and give his mother a hug when Hermione entered the kitchen, both Lily and Harry spun to look in her direction when they heard her gasp.

Hermione was staring at Lily in shock her eyes as wide as Dobby's.

"I take it you can see me?" Lily said as Hermione made her way stepping sideways to Harry's side.

"I, I, that is- Harry is that your Mum?" Hermione stuttered

"Well I never thought I was so bad looking that I would scare my daughter in law," Lily chuckled "looks like I got something wrong." She said, then after tilting her head as though listening to someone she continued "oh no it seems as your soul-mate she sees the things you can Harry."

Both Harry and Hermione seemed to be stuck to the spot they were standing on as neither of them moved, both staring at Lily.

"Harry dear come give your mother a hug, you should be used to this after Albus's visit," Lily almost whispered in what sounded a rather disappointed tone.

Snapping out of his surprise induced stupor Harry rushed around the table and took his mother into a bone crunching hug. Somewhere in his mind he realised that his mum felt and smelt just like a normal living person. Tears fell down his face as he held onto his mother as though his life depended on it, never saying a word he just held her. It was a couple of minutes later when Hermione placed her hand gently on his shoulder, and gave him a little tug to remind him that she was there.

The hug between mother and son was broken gently as Lily kissed him on his forehead. "Now Harry let me say hello to your beautiful young wife." She said as he pulled away a little.