Chapter 38

Harry Potter woke up late on the morning of August the fourteenth, after sleeping soundly for the first time in more than a week, his wife Hermione and his as yet unborn twins had done nothing to wake him all night. Unlike the rest of the past few weeks, when the accidental magic that kept happening had kept him awake night after night, while Hermione slept on blissfully unaware of what was happening around her as she slept.

Sleepily he walked into the bathroom, he was bursting to empty his bladder, as he looked bleary eyed down into the toilet bowl he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the water. He had to finish what he had started before he gingerly crept toward the mirror; he could not believe what he had seen in that quick glimpse of himself, taking a breath he stepped in front of the mirror with his eyes shut, slowly he opened one eye then snapped it shut again, he could still not believe what he was seeing. Opening his eyes he stared at his reflection, he just could not believe the sight that gazed back at him. "HERMIONE!" he yelled as he stood rooted to the spot looking at himself in the mirror.

"HERMIONE!" he called again a lot louder.

Seconds later a slightly flustered Hermione came rushing into the bathroom as fast as her bulging stomach would allow, she stopped dead in her tracks just inside the doorway when she saw Harry; her eyes went wide for a moment then she suddenly burst out into peels of laughter. To say Harry was a little annoyed would not come close to how he felt, he had an appointment at the bank in just over two hours and he wondered how the heck he could go out of the bedroom at all never mind go out to Diagon Alley.

Hermione was laughing so much she was hanging on to the door with her legs crossed, it was she decided not a good idea for an eight months along pregnant woman to be laughing so hard, suddenly Hermione could hold back no longer as her waters broke, Harry stared at the slightly pink tinged pool of water that lay at his wife's feet, two seconds later Hermione had her first contraction.

Harry stood in disbelief "Hermione Potter, I know you once said you want to be like Mrs Weasley but do we really have to have twins like Fred and George," he asked seriously.

'Harry James Potter, you had better get my suitcase and get me to St Mungo's rather quickly' Hermione thought, then she called for Erin.

Erin, Hermione's favourite house elf appeared next to Hermione, and having glanced at the small puddle that Hermione stood in she knew what she had to do, first thing she did was to clean away the mess with a quick wave of her hand then she looked up at Harry.

"I'll just fetch the portkey sir," she said, quietly

Harry could see the little elf was trying hard not to laugh, and she was doing a good job of hiding the fact until she walked into the bedroom to fetch the special portkey supplied by the hospital, she could no longer resist the giggles that were building up and she burst out laughing. She re-entered the bathroom trying to apologise as she handed Harry the portkey.

Hermione gasped as she grabbed the large lump that was her stomach, 'Harry love, Hospital' she said as the second contraction pain subsided.

Harry tried casting a few spells on him self as he rushed around the bedroom getting dressed, nothing seemed to work, what was even worse was when he changed out of his dressing gown into some every day clothes his clothes changed.

"I'm gonna kill the first person who laughs," he said as he wrapped his arms around Hermione and activated the portkey.

Moments later they arrived in the reception of the maternity ward at St Mungo's, Harry helped Hermione to the nurses station and declared their names, "Harry and Hermione Potter, the wife's labour has begun," he said wishing he could be back in his bathroom with the door firmly locked. The reception nurse casually looked up then turned her attention back to the form she was filling in, she then quickly snapped her head up again and stared at Harry, "Oh dear, oh my," she said before chuckling to herself.