Chapter 42

Hermione Jane Potter sat in the gallery looking down on the scene below with her heart almost bursting with pride as the procession below them entered the huge oak doors of the House of Lords. Her five year old twins sat as good as gold as they watched their father in all his red and gold regalia as he walked for the first time with the other lords of the land as they entered the vast chamber of parliaments upper house.

Hermione straightened out the hair of her youngest daughter three year old Lily, lifting the sleeping girl gently she moved her into a more comfortable position on her lap as the baby in her womb kicked at her insides.

"You'll get your turn to see your father all dressed up, soon enough," she whispered to her unborn child as it gave her another mighty kick.

"Will I be a lord when I grow big, mummy?" asked little Ginny.

"No sweetheart, you will grow to be a lady, just like me," Hermione answered.

"Urgh, that's horrible," Rich said grimacing.

"Why is it so horrible?" Hermione asked her son smiling at his expression.

"You nearly always got a fat tummy," Rich said gazing at her bulging stomach.

Hermione chuckled 'I suppose it would look that way to him' she thought as she looked down and surveyed the results of her third pregnancy.

"I hope your daddy doesn't think the same way," she said chuckling at her son's remark.

"I'm glad I won't have to wear all that silly fur," Ginny announced quietly as the door to the chamber below closed with a loud thump.

Hermione stood, "Come on you two little rogues, aunty Ginny is meeting us outside, then we have to go to Diagon Alley to collect our wedding robes."

"Do I have to get all dressed up," little Ginny asked pouting.

"Guinevere Helen Potter, you really are just like your daddy," Hermione grinned as she placed Lily in her buggy "he's another one who never likes to dress up."

"Aunty Ginny said I have to carry the rings," Rich said sounding proud.

With one twin either side of the buggy, both of them holding on tight, they made their way out to the pavement where Ginny Weasley was waiting, together with Ginny holding the twins hands they walked at a steady pace to Diagon Alley, after Ginny had asked about Harry they spent the rest of the time chatting all the way to the Alley about Ginny's upcoming wedding.

Lord Gryffindor of Hogsmeade took his place in the house of lords, he sat down in the plush leather seat and watched as several newly created peers were introduced to the house, he watched the odd ritual as they bobbed up and down in their seats doffing their hats each time they stood, then replacing them on their heads when they sat down, then after the third time they left the chamber shaking hands with the lord chancellor as they left.

Harry chuckled a little and thanked his lucky stars that he was an hereditary peer and did not have to suffer the bobbing ceremony.

He remained in his seat for two hours or so then quietly he left the chamber, and finding somewhere quiet and with no one around he disapparated to Diagon Alley, entering the Leaky Cauldron he asked Tom the barman if he could use one of the private rooms to change his clothes.