Chapter 41

Hermione sat in the bedroom, the twins happily sleeping next to her on the bed, they had both been fed and bathed and had fallen asleep together. As she stared down at them she decided to once again try and talk to Harry after breakfast. Today was the fourth day since the naming ceremony and she had hardly seen anything of Harry at all, she found having one month old twins was a rather tiring task, and had taken to going to bed a little early. Before the naming Harry had helped during the day and joined her every night in a nightcap before they both, feeling tired climbed into bed, but for the past few days Harry had gotten up and gone out before she woke and came home well after she had gone to bed, and she was getting worried by this odd behaviour. It seemed he did not wish to speak to her either because each time she tried to talk to him he told her he was just a little busy and would talk when he got home, which he had not done.

'Tonight, I'll wait up for him, I'll make him talk to me' she thought as she placed a bed sheet over her two sleeping children, "sleep well my precious ones," she whispered.

Just a mile away over on the other side of the hill from Potter House, Harry stood in the middle of the lane that ran along the edge of his land, "So Albus just one more thing to do."

Albus Dumbledore looked at the new building in front of him and watched as two workmen took down the sign that read 'Higgins, Higgins and Higgins, Builders to the wizarding world'.

"It was hard work but I think it will be worth it," Albus said cheerfully.

"I hope so, I think Hermione is beginning to suspect something," Harry said sounding just a little worried.

"Well we'll know in the morning if it was all worth it," Dumbledore said smiling, "I have arranged for everyone to be here for nine."

"One fifteen, I'll be able to get home early today," Harry said checking his watch as he watched four men putting up a large wrought iron gate.

Thirty minutes later Harry smiled as the last workman finished polishing the sign above the gate, a rather short stocky man approached him "Well that's it Harry, all done and right on time."

"Yes and thanks Claude, you did a grand job, I'm really pleased with it, I just hope it was worth risking the wife's anger," Harry replied grinning.

"I'll just gather my men up and we'll be off, thanks for the bonus by the way," Claude Higgins said wiping at his bald head with a handkerchief.

"I rather fancy a cup of tea," Albus said as the Higgins vans and trucks all drove off down the lane, "but first," he pulled out his wand and with just a tiny flick the field around the building was transformed in to a beautiful lawn.

"Shall we go," Albus said striding off in the direction of Potter House.

Harry fell in step with his friend and great, great grandfather in law,

"When I arrived this morning, I was remembering all the things that you and Hermione got up to at school," Albus said casually as they walked, "I remember it all, from the first day you arrived, but the part that stands out in my memories is the day you kissed my granddaughter in the great hall."

Harry blushed a little though he had no idea why, "And what bought all this on?" he asked.

"Oh I just wondered how I would have reacted had I known then that Hermione is my great, great granddaughter," Albus chuckled as various scenes of the things that may have happened flitted through his mind.