Chapter 33

Harry had just finished telling the family about his time in the bishop's study and the bishop's reactions and they were all laughing, grandmother Puckle had tears of laughter streaming down her face as she pictured the pompous jack ass she had once hated. Granddad Puckle had fallen from his chair as he too pictured the bishop getting the fright of his life. Even Mr Granger was laughing at what Harry told them and the way he told the story. Hermione had been laughing along with the rest of the family when she noticed Harry was no longer laughing, he had fallen silent and had a slightly glazed look in his eyes, she knew by what her instincts told her that there was something happening to him, she stared at her husband and tried to hear his thoughts, as she heard the first words coming from him she knew they were not his words.

Everything stopped and fell silent around her as she stared at Harry, someone or something was talking to Harry, 'Hermione welcome child' the voice said as Hermione found herself standing with Harry in the middle of a beautiful meadow. Wonderful wild meadow flowers and grasses spread out as far as she could see; there was a clear summer sky with a shade of blue that reached down to the horizon where the blue was tainted with just a little pink.

Harry spoke as Hermione suddenly appeared standing next to him "So, who are you and what do they want with me this time?" he asked the old man standing in front of them, "and why all the melodramatics?" He waved his arm to indicate their surroundings.

"You think I went a little too far?" the old man asked as he looked around, "well Arthur always said I over did things, said the same thing when I built Camelot."

On hearing these words Hermione found her voice "Merlin, The Merlin?"

"In the flesh dear, well as near as I can get to real flesh given my current status," the old man chuckled at his own little joke.

"Harry its Merlin," Hermione exclaimed as though Harry had not heard a word.

"Yes but why is it Merlin? What have the fates in store for us now?" Harry asked looking at Merlin.

"Oh yes, Oh I begged for this one, I've never seen anything like the panic you caused, everyone running around trying to figure out what to do, I tell you it was hilarious," Merlin answered not really making anything clear to the young couple.

"Er, would you like to elaborate on that, and maybe even tell us what you are talking about?" Harry asked sounding a little frustrated.

"What? Oh yes that, your little thing with Bishop Granger, so funny I'll be laughing at that one for quite some time to come," Merlin chuckled as though he had answered the question.

"Oh for pity's sake Merlin please tell us what you are here for," Hermione asked rolling her eyes at the old wizard.

"Didn't I say, oh how remiss of me, well Harry my dear boy, nobody was prepared for it you see, you were not supposed to see the bishop, its not in the plans you see, so every one panicked, all running around like headless chickens, especially the Time Masters," Merlin told them, giving them some idea of what he was talking about.

Harry's eyes widened at the awful thought he had "Please don't tell me I have to go back and start again," he said looking as though he would explode at any moment.

"No, no, no, don't you see, now what was it you called him, oh yes 'the big guy in the sky' he's really pleased about it, he was saying something about you changing things back to the way they should have been, though I'm not exactly sure what he meant, I mean who could ever know what he is thinking," Merlin told them.