Chapter 16

They had all just walked into the stable when Glanry approached, "Master Harry, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, requests an audience at your soonest and most convenient time today, sir."

"Huh?" Harry answered.

"Dumbledore wants to see you soon as possible," Hermione chuckled.

"Glanry, why in the heck didn't you say that?" Harry asked the smiling elf.

"I did sir, I assure you," Glanry replied still with a smile.

"Ok tell him we'll see him in an hour, I need a shower before I see anyone," Harry informed his grinning elf.

"Your message will be relayed sir," Glanry replied before vanishing with a small pop sound.

"I'll never understand why he won't speak English," Harry muttered exasperated.

"Oh come on Harry lets go have a shower," Hermione said as she caught hold of his hand and pulled him toward the stable exit.

A loud cough stopped them in their tracks, they turned around to find Dig shaking his head at them "Not so fast you two, you still have a few things to learn for today."

"Oh the horses, sorry Dig, forgot," Hermione said in almost a whisper.

Harry just shuffled his feet, he seemed to be getting better at being told off by his staff, the thought caused him to chuckle and Hermione gave him a small jab in his ribs.

"You pay attention Harry James Potter,"

Dig showed them how to stable their mounts properly, how to use a curry comb after giving the animal a rub down, he showed them how to control the amount of water the horse was allowed to drink, and informing them that it was much more important in winter to see that a horse that had been warmed up by exercise, did not drink to much as the cold water would probably cause a bout of colic, that while bad in humans was much worse for a horse. Just over half an hour had passed by the time Harry and Hermione reached their bedroom

"Shame about Dumbledore visiting, I was looking forward to taking a shower with you, all that riding made me feel, well you know," Hermione giggled

Her giggle turned into a full blown laugh when she saw the look of disappointment in Harry's face.

"Bloomin holidays only just started and already school is getting in the way," he groaned "you best shower first love, then you can keep him company while your miserable badly treated husband wallows in self pity and cries over missed opportunities."

Hermione was still laughing as she walked into the bathroom, "We have twenty bathrooms Harry love, why don't you see if you can find an empty one."

Harry did as Hermione suggested, taking his bathrobe next door he took a cold shower, Hermione wanting to shower with him had warmed up parts of his anatomy that would be out of place on display in a meeting with the headmaster.

The hour was just over when Dumbledore arrived in their living room, Harry and Hermione were waiting for him, Harry let Hermione do the talking, she had a way of talking to Dumbledore that somehow seemed to place her on a level footing with him, where as Harry always felt slightly inferior for some reason. Maybe something left over from living with the Dursleys.