Chapter 25

Christmas was fast approaching with just three weeks until the holiday, and Harry was getting a little annoyed with Hermione, she had worked non stop all term and was working herself much to hard, three days in a row he had woken in the middle of the night only to find her sitting in the living room studying Gryffindor's book. She spent her time between working with the squibs in the new classes that Dumbledore had organised, odd weekends she would work on their cottage, or curing werewolves of their affliction, and when she was not busy with one of those she would be studying the book, with or without Madam Pomfrey's help, with all that and her school work she had begun to lose weight.

Harry decided it was time he put his foot down with a very firm hand, getting up from his nice warm bed he checked the time, it was just past three in the morning. Walking into the living room he found his wife had fallen asleep, homework essays were all around her. Quietly he removed the scrolls of parchment, rolling them neatly then stacking them carefully on the coffee table. With her homework out of the way, Harry gently picked Hermione up from the armchair and carried her to bed, she only made a small murmur as he lay her in the warm spot he had been sleeping in as gently as he could, pulling the covers over her he whispered "This has to stop before you make yourself ill."

Walking back into the living room Harry was surprised to find a total stranger sitting warming himself in front of the fire.

"Hello there 'm' boy," the stranger said as Harry made a shield around the bedroom door, there was something familiar about the man but Harry just couldn't place it for a few seconds, then it came to him, he was looking at Godric Gryffindor himself.

"Now if I had been in your shoes, I would have cast a spell first, and asked questions later," Godric said smiling.

"I suppose I'm just getting used to having dead folk drop in on me in the middle of the night," Harry said as he took the seat opposite his ancestor. "So what is it this time, the Time masters not finished with me yet?"

"Oh no nothing like that, in fact I'm probably going to be in a whole heap of trouble for this, I seem to have forgotten to ask for permission. No I just thought I would pop in for a visit," Godric said grinning.

"Oh just popped in, just like that eh?" Harry said grinning himself.

"Well truth is Harry, that wife of yours has a lot of us worried, she is fated to be the greatest witch ever, but if she keeps up this pace she will not live long enough, anyway I took a little time to come and warn you, you should show her this memory," Godric looked straight into Harry's eyes "Hermione Jane Potter, this has to stop, I do not want my last heir to be Harry, do you hear me, Lily and James want to see some grandchildren, none of us will get to see the Potter line continue if you insist on killing yourself."

"So it's as bad as I thought then," Harry said rubbing his eyes "I thought she was losing weight. I've been worried sick about her."

"She just can't keep it up Harry, she has already found eleven different cures and curse removers, if I had known this would happen I would never have suggested to James that she study the book. She's near the point of no return Harry, a body can only take so much then it will either stop working or it will go crazy," Godric said sadly.

"Hermione always over does it when she is trying to help people, look how she gave up her own life to help me when I needed her, what am I to say to the woman I love, stop being so clever, stop helping people," Harry mumbled