Chapter 18

Harry sat by the river for a while, looking toward the place his father had disappeared. He was wondering just how many more things would these Time Masters come up with for him to do before they left him to live his life in peace. He had no complaints about the things they had asked him to do; it just seemed that the fates were placing quite a lot on the shoulders of just one man.

'And one woman' a strange new voice echoed in his head 'your young wife has a great destiny ahead of her, and you will be the one by her side'

Harry asked aloud "Who is that."

'The writer of destiny'/i came the answer 'the one who makes it all work'

'Oh,' was all he could think.

'I chose you and Hermione Jane Potter, many, many centuries ago, she will unite all magical beings, you will be by her side as she does so, she will be known as the greatest witch of all time, that is why you came back, that is the reason you need to know'

After a few more things were told to him the voice fell silent. Harry waited a while before he asked several other questions but they were all met with silence. Harry looked at his watch, two forty five, was that all, he watched as the second finger ticked around the dial. It felt like hours since he had arrived at the river.

'Time to go tell Hermione what happened and what dad said, I suppose' he thought as he slowly rose to his feet, 'So I'm not the only one marked by the fates'.

Harry found Hermione in the kitchen with Ginny and Mrs Weasley, a large amount of cakes were spread out on the kitchen table, the women were busy decorating or trimming various pastries. "Oh Harry I am really enjoying learning how to bake, I made you a treacle tart, and well, we just made a few other things," Hermione said as she tried to indicate to Ginny that she should try to hide some of the cakes.

Harry though was not paying any attention; his mind was full of the words he had heard and of the possibilities for his former professor and friend Remus Lupin, for Tonks, and Teddy, the boy who would be his godson. He thought of Neville and the happiness he was about to receive. For all the attention he was paying to his surroundings the women could have had a naked wizard on the table and he may well have not noticed. "Could I talk to you in the living room love?" he mumbled as he kissed her cheek before heading for the door.

"Oh thank you Hermione, Oh I would love to try some of that delightful treacle tart Hermione. Ooooh men," Hermione said annoyed with him.

Harry never noticed her annoyance which made Hermione even more annoyed, 'and he's ignoring me, hold on, something has happened' she thought as she made to follow him, Ginny followed as well, they found Harry standing in front of the fire the book of Gryffindor in his hands.

"Harry what is it? Has something happened?" Hermione asked as she saw the colour had drained from his face.

"Well if you would call the 'big guy in the sky' talking to me in person 'something', then yes I think we can safely say something happened."

Both girls could tell from the look on his face that he was telling the truth. Hermione gasped and sat down on the couch; Ginny gasped and exclaimed "Bloody hell."

"No I don't think so Gin," Harry said seriously. "Oh, and I just had a chat with my dead dad down by the river."

Harry was flipping delicately through the pages of the book he held, "This book, this ancient old book holds the cure for the Longbottom's, and even more astonishing it holds within these pages the cure for Remus Lupin among other things," he said as he stared at the parchment sheet of the last page. 'Teddy will have a normal father' he thought.