Chapter 13

DAD?

Alejan woke up due to the feeling that someone was standing over him. He opened his eyes and looked in front of him…no one. He closed his eyes and turned his back to his recent side. Getting the feeling again he opened his eyes expecting nothing to be there. His eyes widened and he jumped out of bed. He placed his hand on his chest and looked at her. “Which is worse…living or dying?” she asked and his eyes widened. He didn’t know what the question really meant and he wasn’t planning on sticking around to find out. He grabbed his shirt and moved backwards to the door.

“I hope I’ll get out of here soon” a strange voice said and he stopped. “I want to be with you all again. I destroyed all of you when I left. Your mother was a soldier but how long did I expect her to fight? You too are fragile, weak and lost. I left you like this, if I had control of what was to happen then I would still be with you. I’m sorry I destroyed all of you” the voice was speaking to Alejan. He stood totally shocked. Emily’s mouth was moving but he knew that wasn’t her voice. He quickly grabbed his bat and held it out towards Emily. Gripping onto it firmly as his palms soaked his bat.

“Who are you?” he asked. It felt weird to him; he knew it was Emily in the room but who was it that spoke through her. “There’s no need to fear me boy” he lowered the bat in shock and confusion and got an immediate flash back. He stood up straight and began breathing heavily. He had something at the tip of his tongue but was afraid to say it. He dropped the bat and sat down on the ground looking at her. She walked closer to him and knelt down before him. He looked into her eyes that appeared foggy. She held his hand with her left hand and placed her right on top. His eyes widened and tears streamed down his eyes. 

“D-dad” he said and started to bawl. “This isn’t real, '' he said. “Yes it is…I’m sorry son but I need your help” he said and Alejan looked at her. “No this is too weird, it's not real you are with someone else. Are you dead?” he asked. “I was, '' he said. “Forgive me but I fail to understand how you were able to possess my sister if you aren’t dead, '' Alejan said. “I didn’t possess anyone son and I’m not dead I just need to be released” he said. Saying nothing Alejan got up and hopped into his bed and covered under the sheets. “Boy what are you doing?” he said with his British accent rolling from his tongue. It was convincing Alejan since mother didn’t speak British. 

“I’m going to wake up or maybe go to sleep. It seems that I have been lacking some recently,” Alejan said and he laughed. Alejan closed his eyes hoping he would wake up soon. He opened his eyes and looked around. “Hey Em” he said. “Still here” he said and Alejan went back to sleep. It continued for a while until he decided to give up and listen. “I need you to find that potion,” he said. “The poison…ok” Alejan said. After going on and on and ignoring his dad he finally decided to get some information from him. “Why is this family so weird? Did someone do witchcraft or something?” he asked. 

“Yes your grandmother, she died a long time ago but her craft went down in family history making potions for youth to cure diseases. A little history is on every door and window in this house as people left their marks. This house has come down in generations.” He said. “That explains why we never get neighbors or have family members or get visitors,” he said. “Is it your grave around there?” Alejan asked. “Can we get to that another time? Your sister is being affected by what your mother has done to us both so we need the potion to free us both from this” he said. “Sure what do you want me to do? Make another one that can find the potion?” he asked. “Sure” he said and Alejan scoffed. Even now Alejan cannot seem to take this seriously as he believes he’s in a deep sleep and is waiting for something dramatic to happen so he can wake up.

Emily was totally lost not knowing what was happening at the moment. Alejan sat aimlessly as he impatiently waited for this dramatic ‘thing’ to happen and wake him up. “This isn’t a dream” he said to himself and looked at Emily. “Dad, how did you get inside of Emily?” he asked. “WHAT?” Emily asked, looking at her brother as though he had lost his mind. He flew up and grabbed Emily. “Dad…Dad come on you're playing too much,” he said in Emily’s ear. Emily hissed and pushed him off. “What is wrong with you?” she asked him. “Wait, so you're back?” he asked, “I never left” she said to him.

He held her shoulder and she slapped his hand off. “AHHH! THE ABUSE” he said and she was looking at him as If she had seen a ghost. “You are acting super weird” she said. “Bring him back I’m not done talking to him…wait ha! I WOKE UP” he yelled. Emily backed away from him and quickly headed to the door. “Wait I dreamt that I was talking to Dad I mean sure I don’t know him but it just seemed like he was my dad and the way he said boy I know someone has called me that before and his accent and he was telling me that there was witchcraft in the family’s history and there is a missing potion and this house is a house of generations and everybody leaves their mark here” he said.

She just stood there blankly looking at him. “I know right!” he said, sounding rather excited. Emily got nothing from what he just said and was just watching him, only a little worried for him. He dropped himself on the bed and sighed. “What a dream” he said and looked at her as he smiled. She stood there trying to understand what was going to happen next. “You are okay… right?’ he asked and she sighed and shook her head and she left his room. She stood behind his door as she heard him sigh. “I need my graduation pictures from school!” she yelled and he sat up totally confused. “Wait…WHAT!?” he asked. “Just tell Liam to get it for me” she said and he ran out of the room.

“You don’t go to school anymore, you graduated a long time ago” he said and she looked at him and her eyes started to water. “What?” she asked. “You are 19” he said to her. She blinked a couple of times and turned her back. He stood there in the same spot looking at her sister and then for some strange reason something told him that she was losing her memory. “What am I going to do now?” he asked himself. The voice popped back in his head and told him to get the potion. “So it wasn’t a dream” he said and sat on the floor. 

This is way too much for me alone to take in. This is nuts. Where do I even start looking and Emily won’t be any help at all. Why couldn’t it just be an extremely weird dream? He groaned and yelled as a way of getting ready to take on this situation. He got up and began looking for her and smelled something coming from the kitchen. He quickly walked inside and looked at her. She was cooking waffles and making hot cocoa. His stomach growled and he sat down. “Emily?’ he called. “SHH! Waffles and hot coco coming up” she said. He scratched his head and thought of something to say.

“Well Liam will be over at two and-oh shoot! It’s almost 2:00 clock. Eat up and I’ll be in my room” she said. “Wait!” Alejan yelled and grabbed a hold of her hand. “Who’s Liam?” he asked. “My boyfriend is silly,” she said and walked away. Alejan was sure there was no Liam coming over today. It was as if she was going backwards in time instead of forward. He had to save her from being hurt and his greatest idea was to pretend to be Liam. Liam was his height and had jet black hair. He remembered this clearly as she was heartbroken when Liam didn’t show up for their date and he was going to protect her from that hoping that she wouldn’t realize it was him. He would have to tame his curly hair and change his accent which would be the hard part. He got up from his chair and grabbed a waffle and ran up to his room where he would start his plan.