𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A decision she made for the sake of Alice.

     Coraline never thought about leaving her coven by choice, even if it was just a short time for she didn't want to be alone in a cruel world where everything and everyone dies around her. It's a sad way to live, a way she didn't want to go to. Not when she has family who expects her with open arms.

     But she wouldn't burden them to her distasteful emotions. Coraline wanted time, as much as she can siphon and enough for Alice not to be waiting for too long. Love is what she fears but wants to heal to experience it. Would her returning to Rome be such a bad idea to begin?

     In the clearing where they all agreed to fight battle in is empty. The Cullens are still on their hunting grounds, claiming strength by every animal they fed on and killed. Even then, Everleigh's family had arrived an hour earlier than needed after they fed in Seattle. The numbers increased heavily but it was needed much to their dismay.

     "You've decided to leave?" Aspen gapes shockingly, unamused and her tone is definitely not as appealing as it sounds. "Us. After this battle is done, you're going away?" She repeats again, wanting to hear incorrectly but she heard right.

     "It's what I've decided. Just a few months, hopefully." Coraline would merely sound like a fool if she said the reason out loud. But judging by how Everleigh and Caspian seem to take her news, they didn't at all seem surprise and just accepted.

     "You're doing yourself a great favor, Cora. We can't ever deny you of that for wanting your mate." Caspian says gently, a hint of boastfulness in his glinting orbs.

     "With Alice?" Everleigh hoped, wanting to be correct of her assumption but Coraline shakes her head much to her disappointment.

     "I wouldn't want to pull her away from her family."

     "Yet she's pulling you away from yours." Aspen snarls, find it hard to believe that a simple finding of a mate and Coraline was beginning to change. Change in a way no one would want to but they held no obligation to prevent her from being happy. For wanting to be better for Alice.

     "Aspen." Everleigh sharply calls her name, knowing that Aspen has been a bit upset by Rosalie and Emmett. All because of love, Aspen was bitter she can't have that as well as people around her.