𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was dauntingly tense in the Cullens home than it usually was. The air was thick whenever someone would come in the living room or where Bella Swan is currently residing in. Bree usually sees the human girl standing or alone anymore, watching as her belly get bigger. Jasper told her that this is unusual and definitely not normal. Bree got the hint when Edward got her pregnant.

Then she noticed a few things too. How Rosalie refused to leave Bella alone, didn't trust her own family's word that they won't do anything to Bella. As well as Aspen Dune who was either silent in the corner of the room or participating in the conversation when asked to talk. Bree was attentive enough to see that Carlisle Cullen seemed lost when dealing with the pregnancy, absolutely had no idea along with Everleigh Dune.

Edward was being an absolute priss about it, Bree's thoughts which he didn't acknowledge or simply because he knows that she's right. A priss because he'd rather say that he doesn't want the thing be born and risk getting his wife killed than to help make Bella feel better. However, Bella already has Rosalie and Apsen's support but everyone knows she needs Edward. But he isn't a participating volunteer to help and rather implore.

There was another thing Bree noticed.

That the woman who saved her in that clearing is gone, everyone seem to avoid her name to not upset or anger Alice. Bree didn't understand but it's not like she'll ask aloud to make everyone uncomfortable than how they already are. It's also noticed that Alice would leave the room whenever it was strictly two in the afternoon.

Now, it's quiet in the living room where Bella is sleeping and covered in a blanket and away from the freezing aura of the atmosphere. On another couch, Bree Tanner was watching the television after Esme adviced her to get out of reading and researching for a while since she hasn't rested in hours since she begun. Bree wanted to help and thought her researching skills be put to the test.

Safeguarding her, Aspen has her feet planted on the soft carpet while she sat at the very end and opposite of where Bella sleeps soundly on. She has her hands on her face, masking her tired and worried expression away from both Bree and Rosalie, much to the latter's dismay. Worried because Aspen was suppose to receive a call from her sister fifteen minutes ago and Coraline won't answer her phone.

What if something happened? Did she get captured? Did the Volturi already killed her? Is she on her way to Volterra without a decision?