𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

     It has passed two months since the battle and the Dune coven leaving, one member had left seperately and on her own ever since. The Cullens were forever grateful for their help, especially when it was needed to help a newborn vampire who was lost in this world she was shoved in and wanted to redeem herself. After careful consideration, Bree Tanner was allowed to be an addition in the Carlisle's coven.

     They weren't at all affected by it, especially when all were willing for Bree — an innocent soul — to join their ranks. Jasper had relaxed after Alice assuring him it was fine, that she won't lose control like any other newborn would. This surprised them all, especially whenever Bella Swan was around, Bree would seem rather guarded and kept to herself and did not lose control.

     It only gave them less to worry of.

     Alice slowly walks left and right in her own room, phone against her ear. "And you're okay?"

     "I wouldn't be talking with you right now if I'm not, Alice." Coraline's soft chuckle was a comforting gesture to Alice who relaxes, closing her eyes. In Amsterdam, a tall yet closed off figure walks in the streets, blending in with the humans. "I've only just arrived in Netherlands, don't you trust me to avoid the tracker the Volturi had sent and failed to do their job?"

     "It's not that I don't trust you." Alice defends quickly, looking down on her wrist and sees the delicate and yellow chain strapped on her slim limb. "I worry."

     Coraline smiles softly, "I know you do, love."

     "Have you spoken to Leigh yet?"

     "I have." Coraline answers truthfully, free hand dug in her coat pocket while she strolls around the starry night of Netherlands. "She and the rest of my family are currently in South Korea. As usual, I don't tell them of my whereabouts just in case this tracker on my trail is better than I thought."

     "Cora."

     "Which they aren't. Don't worry." Coraline chuckles, a lighter feeling in her heart when she spoke to someone she's comfortable with. Even if she just spoken to Alice yesterday. "How are your plans in Edward and Bella's wedding?" She instead asks to soothe Alice.

     "It's amazing!" Alice cheers ecstatically. Her excitement reached those of her mate's who smiles over the phone. "I have the catering in check, finally. I had to pretend to like those croutons for the caterers to believe I actually chose those pieces — Isn't it already fine if I just appointed it without tasting it?"

     "I'm sure you held a wonderful meeting in throwing those croutons all away in the toilet."

     "It was not a pleasant afternoon." Alice groans, "Are you absolutely sure you can't attend? Even just for a day — I won't be picky." Unfortunately, Coraline could not and for personal reasons as well. Maybe it was just an excuse. A lie for a surprise.

     "I'm afraid I can't." Coraline sighs but was happy that her efforts of evading Alice's visions were working. The only people who knew of this was Edward and her family who was also going to attend the wedding. Edward would've told his fiancée but he was afraid Bella can't keep a secret. "I'm sure your efforts are well in its outcomes. I'm just sorry I won't be there to see it."

     Alice was bothered by not seeing her mate who held another agenda she did not know. "But someday, right? You'll go back to your family, Aspen can shield you from the trackers, I get to see you?" Alice is a hopeful person, she tries her best.

     "Yes, someday, I promise." Coraline slows down, her eyes looking around cautiously while humans pass by her without a thought. Then she came at a full hault, noticing something is not in place. "Shall I call you back, love?" She asks, grip on her phone tightened in alert of her own safety.

When Alice doesn't answer, seeing a vision that would probably last a few minutes, Coraline Dune swallows thickly before hanging up and burrying her phone inside her coat's pocket more obscurely. Then by turning onto a nearby curb, she was gone and blended well in the dark that lead her tracker to confusingly search from his advantage point.

"The Volturi needs to appraise their efforts." Coraline spoke from behind the man, the Volturi guard turns around in high alert and has been caught off guard. Then, before he could do a single thing, Coraline swung a pole she found in an alley and momentarily stunned the tracker's knee, almost as if she had shattered his bone with a painful scream that tasted like music to her ears.

Coraline hung the silver pole on her shoulder, circling the tracker in thought. "I've seen you before. You were the tracker before Demetri, weren't you?" She had swung the pole once more when the man tried to attack, leaving him to collapse on the ground and without a leg this time. Due to Coraline's strength, she accidentally decapitated his left leg. "Words, mate. Let's use words before attacking me next time. What's your name again?"

"Ivan!" He yells out his name, arching forward and sees his leg completely gone.

"Oh, well — You see, Ivan, I was rather enjoying my night but you've interrupted it again. Like you've done for the past month since I've ran from Forks, I think it's time we met properly." Coraline places the edge of the unnecessary weapon on the concrete ground harshly, startling Ivan whom jumped, backed away in fright from her. "How come Aro sent you and not Demetri? I'm feeling insulted."

"He wanted me to prove my worth —" Then Ivan yelps in pain again when Coraline nudged his forehead harshly with a stick. "Can you not!" He growls.

"I'm afraid you're proving your worth a little more than a while, Ivan. I'm hard to capture and bring back to your kings." Coraline grips harshly on the pole, sighing to herself while she continues to walk around the defenseless vampire who looks helplessly on his torn apart leg from across him. "Well. . . This talk has been fun. See you when you wake."

Coraline Dune swung like it was a baseball bat, seeing the man's head slam into the wall near and shattering into big pieces that was difficult to piece together. She sighs, wondering if she should clean it up and burn the pieces herself or just leave. The latter was tempting, this part of the forest is a little far away from the city and no one would see the body anyways if she should to leave like this.

Her phone rings just in time and she picks up, leaning against a tree. "Alice —"

"— Do not leave him like that." Alice scowls attentively. "People will see — I don't want the Volturi to come up with another reason why you should be executed."

Coraline smiles slightly, almost a malicious smirk. "Yes, ma'am."