𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬.

████████████████████

𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 / 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗻𝗲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Just at the very edge of the border, Coraline stood on her feet attentively as she focuses on quick footsteps getting farther away by a run faster than a cheetah. She would have crossed but the next step she take would be leaving the town of Forks herself, settled on making sure the Volturi left for good and didn't stay to catch her and her family off guard. Expect the unexpected even if its actions are deliberate.

"I thought you left for good." Coraline forces her exhausted gaze away from the endless swarm of trees and leaves, turning to see Alice with a relief and possibly raged emotion visible in her topaz eyes.

    Coraline seems ashamed, looking away. "The idea crossed my mind."

     "Without so much as a goodbye too?" Alice wouldn't be surprised if she said yes. Unfortunately, Coraline nods slowly without wanting to see Alice's disappointment filled expression. "Why did you help my family keep that newborn alive?" Alice isn't as happy that the Dune coven caused so much trouble just for a newborn vampire to live. Even if she had surrendered.

     "Your mother seemed fond of her." Coraline states as a fact, pulling and twisting her gold bracelet. The thin layer of chain would snap with a simple pressure of strength. "As well as Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie. I'm not sure of Jasper and Edward."

     "You did it for my family?"

     "Is that so hard to believe?" Coraline struggles to keep her sanity in a levelled position. Exhaustion is within her, sunlight beaming on her exposed arms, shining. It exposed her but she didn't paid much attention unlike Alice who seem to fawn over the scene.

     "Because of my reckless decisions I've forced, my family and I would have to depart sooner than anticipated." Coraline informs heavily, wanting freedom to live but also had that irresistible rage that she had returned the favor to the Volturi. It was a pleasure to be able to cause such pain to Jane like she has with her victims in the past and present.

     "Oh." Alice expected but seeing as her future was relying on leaving Washington by herself with no protection, Alice worries. "Are you sure you want to go alone without Aspen's shield?"

     Not really.

     "Aspen is furious at me. For wanting to go out in the world by myself, for risking our family's lives. . . Even if I wanted to stay with them, she wouldn't share her gift like before."