Distraction 9

As Bucky makes his way downstairs he scans the room quickly trying to find an empty space. Just as Bucky was about to give up being discrete the host had called everyone's attention to the podium.

'Just my luck.'

Bucky walks in the opposite direction of everyone where he catches site of an empty hallway heading there he snatched a bottle of champagne and takes the lighter out of his pocket. "Okay Sam get ready." 

"What kind of distra-" 

BOOM!!! [SCREAMS]

Sam holds the railing as people bump into him on their way out. He looks downstairs where he sees and smoke and flames, and people rushing to get outside.

"What the hell Bucky?" Sam yells while grabbing the envelope. "Hey, don't yell. You said you wanted a distraction and you got it." Bucky says like it wasn't a big deal. "You know, you're pretty dangerous to bring on a mission for someone who is over 100 years old." Sam laughs out loud. "Well, you've seen what I'm capable of just look at the past 50 years."

"Okay, sure. Meet up at the car." Sam runs down the stairs and waits for it to clear out before making it out the door.

.

.

.

"Natasha, how are you?" Wanda asks while placing her bag on the floor and pulling her into a hug. "I'm okay, how about yourself. Come on walk and talk." Natasha pulls her arm towards the elevator. "I'm good, just took some time to relax after all that. I can see that you're glowing, are you not telling me something?" She smiles as her face falls to the floor. "Yeah. An old lover came back to me." 

As they got out the elevator Natasha leads her down the hall to a door that holds Wanda's last name. "Alright here we are. This is where you'll be staying."Natasha hands her a paper containing her pass code for the door. Wanda puts in the code and opens the door with Natasha following her inside. 

After Wanda and Natasha finished catching up, they were currently sitting on the couch watching Law and Order: SVU. "I'm a sucker for Rollins and Carisi." Wanda sighs after seeing Carisi rocking Rollins' baby. Natasha shakes her head at her statement. "Kids." she mumbles earning a smack on the shoulder from Wanda. She gets up and heads to the bathroom where she texts Bucky to check on him. He replies saying they were going to be back in an hour or less.

She makes her way back to the living room, Wanda is smiling at her. "What?" 

She smirks. "Sorry, it just seems like you're eager to see someone." Natasha grabs a pillow off the couch and hurls it at her. "Hey! That's invading my privacy." Wanda laughs holding her stomach and as her face turns red from laughter Natasha sits on the couch laughing too. "Okay Nat, I release you. You're free to go and wait on your prince charming now. Bye-bye." Nat smiles and heads out.

~2 Hours Later

Bucky and Natasha were laying on  his bed in a comfortable silent atmosphere. Bucky runs his right hand through her red hair causing her to close her eyes and lean her had back. She lets out a content sigh at the feeling. He lets out a chuckle at her, "What's so funny?" 

"It's just that you seem so relaxed." She swats at his hand while sitting up, she reaches over for her dresser. "What are you about to do?" He asks while she opens her first drawer and reaches far inside. She pulls out dog tags with and smile and turns to face him again. "These...are your original dog tags, I should know since you gave them to me during our time in the red room. I figured I'd tell you and let you decide what to do with them." Grabbing his left hand she places them in his hand slowly, grinning when he too smiles at her. "I think these belong to someone very important." He holds them out to put around her neck, as she leans closer for him to do so. Natasha leans up and kisses him on the lips, just as Bucky responded there was a knock on her door.  Natasha rolls her eyes and with a groan heads to the door, she hears Bucky laugh when she reaches the door. 

She opens the door and to her surprise it's Bruce. "Yes, do you need something?" He rubs the back of his neck as he takes note of the annoyance in her voice as she spoke. "Sorry to interrupt but I came to tel you there is someone named Yelena waiting for you downstairs in the kitchen." She perks up at the mention of her sister being nearby. "James come on, we're going to the kitchen!" Bruce walks away as she tells Bucky to get moving. 

Bucky grabs her hands as they walk out to the elevator. "So why do I need to come with you?" she looks at him with offense, "What do you mean, it's my sister. She was also in the red room. But we were separated, who knows maybe you know here too." Bucky nods slowly at her statement. "So is the relationship with her what you managed to fix before you came and stayed with Steve and Sam?" 

"Yes, it is. I missed her, don't tell her I said that." He lets out a laugh at her as they door open and they began walking to the kitchen. As they get closer they see a woman with blonde hair eating watermelon slices at the table. 

"So did you come to eat our food Yelena?" Natasha jokes as she drops Bucky's hand and closes the distance between the two. After they let go of their embrace Yelena notices Bucky standing behind them looking a little out of place. "Hey, aren't you the Winter Soldier? I never was trained by you but there were stories about you spreading." Yelena crosses her arms  as she looks at him. He gives an awkward smile "Yeah, that was the past me. I'm no longer a killer, and you're sister has already helped me along the way." He puts his right arm over Natasha's shoulders pulling her closer as he places a kiss on her head. "Ugh, okay not in front of me okay. That's gross, but I love that you are happy Natasha. I've also come with great news."

Natasha and Bucky stare at her as they wait for her to continue, "I'm going to be staying here, and maybe start training too. It has been a while since we sparred Natalia, who knows I can probably pin you down." Yelena takes another bite of watermelon, and walks away. Natasha and Bucky turn as they watch her walk to the doorway where there are 2 suitcases, as she exits she turns one last time and gives them a wink.