Natasha 19

(A/N: When speaking Russian)

Skip 2 weeks:

When the guys made it back to base it was very busy, mostly because the agents had a lot of paperwork to catch up on due to their time off. Bucky was on the phone a lot if he wasn't hanging out with the guys as they tried to make sure he didn't stay cooped up in his room the while Natasha is gone.

Bucky was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling for who knows how long before Steve just barges in the room breathing heavily. "What the hell Steve, don't know how to knock?" He jokes but when he notices the scared look on his face his smile drops as he jumps up from the bed. "What-" He's cut off when Steve raises his hand to stop him. "It's Nat..."

Wanda soon barges in also with Yelena following her. "We gotta go to the hospital, Natasha is in critical condition." Bucky barely gets his shoes on all the way as he follows them to the car. "Steve, I get that you're all about the law and will follow all the rules so let me drive." He doesn't give time for discussion as he snatches the keys and starts the car waiting for them to get in.

The drive to the hospital was very hectic, with Bucky speeding the whole way and coming to hitting car crashes more twice but they make it there safely anyways. They all run inside to the front desk to find out the room Natasha was being held in. 

"Good afternoon what may I help you with?" The lady at the front desks asks as she places the phone down.

"Hi, we are here to see Natasha." Sam says quickly. Her face lights up at the name. "Oh the avenger she's in the private wing, room #300." The moment they hear the number they rush off to find the room. After 3 attempts they make it her room to find she's not alone there's Clint sitting in the chair next her bed.

He looks up when he hears the door open, and makes eye contact with Steve as he stands up. "The doctors say that she has 2 broken ribs, and a broken ankle, along with a slight concussion. She has been asleep for a few hours now." As Clint speaks Bucky walks towards the bed and rests his hand on her head lightly and lets out a breath or relief. "So she will have to be off missions for a while." Wanda chimes in as they all gradually get closer to get a better look at her.

He places a light kiss on her head and whispers, "She's not going to like having to stay put." Steve smiles when he sees him place a kiss on her head. "So what exactly happened on her assignment? Why did she end up like this?" Yelena asks Clint sits moves to sit on the couch so Bucky could sit next to Natasha's bed. He pinches his nose and makes an annoyed sound. "She was sold out, the agent that was supposedly working with her wasn't on our side for real." Steve's jaw tightens at that "How did Fury not know of this, doesn't he take extra precautions with this type of thing before sending people out and assigning them to a mission?"

Fury enters the room and everyone turns to him waiting for a decent explanation. "Yeah I know this one is on me. I did take the precautions on the agent that went rogue. I don't know how this happened. I should've listened to Romanoff before, she was very adamant on going by herself. But I didn't want her to always go on assignments by herself." Wanda walks and places her hand on Bucky's shoulder. 

"It's a good thing she's okay. Are you okay though?" she whispers in Russian. Bucky looks up at her and smiles nodding his head.

It is silent as they all find a seat or couch to sit on in the room, Fury left after 30 minutes having work to do. He didn't leave until he was promised that he would be notified when she was awake.

.

.

.

It was in the middle of the night when Natasha wakes up with a groan gripping her head. Bucky soon wakes up when he hears her. "Natalia...hey doll. How are you feeling?" He brings his hand to caress her cheek as he smiles to see her awake. She pouts a little not making any eye contact with him, "I feel fine."

He raises his hand to her chin and turns her face to his direction, concern written all on his face. "Natalia what's wrong love? You won't even look at me." Her chin wobbles as she tries to stop herself from crying. He immediately gets up and sits on the bed next to her pulling her into his chest to comfort her. "I'm pretty sure you know the mission turned sour and how but what you don't know is that there were kids involved." Bucky then squeezes his eyes shut, he knows that anytime kids are involved in a mission it hits close to home with Natasha being reminded of what she couldn't experience. "Tell me what happened" He runs his hands up and down her back. "The mission was to go undercover with Agent Tine, we were to get an alien artifact that got into the wrong hands. The people who got to the item was holding an auction, we were supposed to outbid them and get the item and if it didn't work then we go by force. But when we couldn't get it by money we followed the man who bought it and I guess he knew he was being followed cause next thing we knew was him turning into an alley. We thought we could just rough him up and grab the item but we weren't alone in the alley. Apparently there was a kid living in a cardboard box, and he came out when he heard us, there was a struggle and the man who we later found out to be Jake Avery got a hold of the little girl. He wanted us to let him walk away or he'd kill the kid. At that moment was when I found out that my so-called partner wasn't any good." Natasha lets out a sob pressing her head into his chest again. "Hey, you don't have to continue right now if you don't want to."

She shakes her head. "Agent Markson and I both had our guns aimed at Jake when he suddenly turned towards me forcing me to stand down. Just as I thought they would run away but Jake told the girl to run away and just as she was about to run by me he shot her in the back of her head, laughing as her body hit the floor." Bucky murmurs word of encouragement between kissing her forehead and cheeks. He continues to wipe her tears and when she stopped crying she kisses him on the lips. "You're all I thought about while they help me captive. I wanted to make it out alive because I knew you were waiting for me."

"Natalia, you did so good, you came back to me in one piece." He said knowing she needed to hear that and he had meant it too, with all his heart. He continues to rub her back lulling her back to sleep, he soon follows.

(A/N: Hope this chapter was good)