her gratitude

sakusa wore a lime green colored jacket. this was, in fact, his volleyball jacket, but he hated it. seriously who wanted to wear a piss yellow and neon green together?

mabye the piss head would like this, it matches his ugly hair.

sakusa didn't really want to wear the jacket, but his cousin told him to. komori said it would prompt the team, school spirit, or something, so he
justlistened and wore it.

he wore it with converse shoes. the base was black, but some white volleyball were painted on. these shoes were by far his favorite cause of the design.

sakusa couldn't stop thinking about what happened that last friday. she was so wow.

he never expected to be complimented on his shoes, usually because he ignored people; so not many wanted to talk to him. except those annoying people. they think sakusa is just playing hard to get when he wants them to leave him alone.

y/n walked in the itachiyama hallways again at the same time sakusa did. it was the beginning of the day, right after 1st period. you were  in a good mood, because she got a 100% on her science test.

the boy, on the other hand, was not in good spirits. he had just recieved more than 5 gifts from fans. sakusa just doesn't have the heart to decline gifts, even if they have lots of germs on them. don't you worry, he uses disinfectant spray before he touches them.

you were in high spirits for another reason. after hard consideration and deep overthinking, you decided to bake some more cupcakes. for sakusa.

when you guys locked eyes, you waved to him. he waved back.

"hi." you said, cursing yourself for saying hello again.

"hi." sakusa responded, nervously. he wanted to talk to her more, he just didn't know how or what to start with.

"i, uh, made more strawberries cupcakes. i thought you liked them so i baked some extra." she handed the container to him.

(it wasn't extra.)

his eyes lit up. "oh, thank you."

he kinda wish he had more to say to her, but he didn't.

"i really like your shoes." she smiled and sakusa couldn't help but stare. it was the bright smile on her face that made him get butterflies.

"thank you." he repeated and smiled even though she couldn't see it through the mask. "thanks again for the cupcakes. have a good day, y/n."

he walks away when you say, " you too."

they both smiled at each other. and gave themselves a little high five when they went around the corner.