Where are you Christmas?

It is around Christmas time, and there is joy in the air. I usually love Christmas. I would spend time with my dad, have a great Christmas party with my grandparents. At that time Addy and Derek, and the Montgomery family would come and we would have a delicious dinner. Than on Christmas day, I would go up to New York and stay with them until January 2nd. It was the best time ever, we continued that tradition all the way through my college years.

The tradition is gonna end because I can't go to Hartford as I am working. Then I cant spend a lovely Christmas with Addi and the shepherds because Addy and Derek are in Seattle, and they are not even on good terms. So basically, this Christmas will be nothing special for me.

Last night we came home to see Izzie obnoxiously decorating the house. I  just look at it blankly, just a little depressing since it is so unsimilar to what I am used to.

This morning we are following Bailey, who is looking quite pregnant while walking down a hallway. She's taking a few deep breaths.

George (to Meredith): Look at her belly. She's almost as wide as she is tall.

Izzie grins at this, and I look at him with wide eyes trying to signal them to shut up.

Meredith: Are her ankles swollen? Is that why she's waddling?

I am theoretically banging my head against a wall

Izzie: What's gonna happen to us when she goes on leave?

Cristina: Leave? She's going on leave?

Meredith: What do you think happens when people push babies out of their vaginas?

George (chuckles): Do you think we're gonna get a new resident?

Literally if Bailey is hearing all this she is gonna be hella annoyed.

Cristina: What?

Alex: Nah. Probably just let us all walk around unattended. See how much damage we can do.

I chuckle at this, but give him a look to not engage.

They stop walking as Bailey has stopped at a nurse's station still a few feet away.

Izzie: Yeah, well you would know. (Izzie rounds to the front, suddenly smiling) Hey you guys, we should all get together and get Bailey a Christmas gift for the baby. Or we could um organize some sort of secret Santa thing.

Cristina (looks less than impressed): Ok, listen Tiny Tim you can take ---

Meredith and George move quickly to block Cristina and interrupt her loudly.

I roll my eyes, believing that they cannot be that protective over her feelings

George: Sounds great.

Meredith: Secret Santa sounds great Izzie.

Izzie (smiles): Ok. (She turns around and starts heading off to Bailey, I follow and the other lag behind.

After we finish rounds, Bailey looks at us to give assignments

Bailey: Grey, Hayden-Gilmore, Karev cover the pit. You can expect all sorts of holiday idiocy so that is my gift to you. Yang ... (Burke who walks down the hallway up to Bailey and the gang, interrupts)

Burke: Dr. Bailey, UNOS just called. They have a donor heart for a patient of mine.

(Cristina, Alex and Meredith jump at this. I don't because its obvious its gonna be yang she has yet to be assigned anywhere.)

Cristina: I'm free. I'm totally free right.

Alex: I can totally do this.

Meredith: I'm free.