Crash into me

Meredith enters the kitchen to find Alex and Izzie and I sitting. Alex is carving a pumpkin and Izzie is baking, while I read a book.

Meredith asks," What are you guys doing up?"

Izzie and Alex: Couldn't sleep.

I speak up, "Well I have been up for hours, first I went to the dance studio and then I came back here and took a shower before catching up on my reading."

Meredith looks at me," Why?"

I smile and point at her, " The real question is why not."

Meredith takes out an urn and  dumps her moms ashes into a Ziploc bag.

We all stare at her and  Izzie says," What is that?"

Meredith closes the bag and says," My mother."

I open my mouth in shock, Alex says," Happy freaking' Halloween."

------------------

Meredith is in the locker room with the other interns.

Cristina enters and sees we are all looking at Meredith," What are we looking at?"

Izzie answers," Meredith put her mom in a baggie and brought her to work."

Meredith cuts in," I had to get her out of my closet. She was haunting me."

Alex grimaces," And now she's haunting us all."

Meredith says," I'm putting her to rest."

(Sydney enters)
Sydney," Meredith is cleansing. In tribal culture, when one wants to cleanse the past, one cuts off all of one's hair and buries it in the earth. You might try that, too."

Callie enters with Bailey," Okay, listen up. Today is a holiday, which means the pit will be overrun. You've got the usual drunken stupidity..."

Bailey says with glee,"And then you've got Seattle's annual chain saw pumpkin carving contest. I love this city."

Callie," Stay on your toes, stay on top of your interns, okay?"

Izzie asks,"So we should round before heading to the pit or... "

Callie snappily,"Yeah, you should direct your questions to Dr. Bailey, Stevens."

I look confused and Cristina aks," Oh, we're directing our questions to Dr. Bailey?"

Callie smugly says, "Oh, not you. Just Stevens."

Bailey looks to callie," Why is Stevens directing her questions to Dr. Bailey?"

Callie stares down Izzie," Because she's been sleeping with my husband. All righty, then. Have a good day."

Everybody is flabbergasted as Callie and Izzie take off in different directions and Christina turns to me and says," Okay, this is even more disturbing than your bagful of mommy."

I nod disgusted with Izzie and George, "The epitome of disturbing."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meredith,Cristina, and I are in the lunch room discussing what to do with the ashes of Ellis grey.

Cristina suggests," We could scatter her off the roof."

Meredith rebuttals,"She was afraid of heights."

Cristina looks at her seriously,"They're ashes, Meredith. The ashes aren't acrophobic."

Meredith shakes her head," I need to put my mother to rest. I need to not become her. I need to not die emotionally crippled and alone. And I need to not attend the wedding of Derek Shepherd and Sydney Heron. I need to put my mother to rest."