Time After Time

(Skipped some episodes, Meredith has found out about her sister and her dad and Susan now)

I walk into the kitchen the smell of coffee infiltrating my nose, and I look up to see my sister sitting at the counter.

I stop for a second and just stare at her while she reads the paper.

She senses a presence and looks up at me.

Rory smiles nervously," Hey sleepy head."

I walk around to the fridge and pull out the chai tea mix, and almond milk.

I look at Rory as I make myself my drink," I thought you went back to work."

It's been a week since the incident, and I have yet to go back to work. I had stitches in my head, a major concussion, and some bruised ribs. I am supposed to go back to work around lunch today to be cleared to operate, and then I will be doing paperwork and scut. Meredith went back to full work yesterday. My dad and sister went back to Boston two days ago. My grandparents went home 3 days ago, and Rory went back to work the day after the drowning. This is why I am confused about the reason she is back.

Rory smiles," My work that was so important to get back to was one news story. I am now done with that story, so now I have nothing to write. I am a freelance Journalist Belle, so I was like maybe instead of finding a new story I will come to stay with my super cool sister for a while."

I look at her," I love you. You know I do, but this is a very full house already. We don't have any extra rooms, all we have is a rustic storage attic."

I see her eyes light up," I can clean up the attic! That is a great idea."

I sigh as that was not what I meant, "Uh, this is not my house. Its Merediths, I just pay rent, so that will be up to her."

She smiles," i think this will be a great idea, you and I living together. Maybe I will find a new story to write."

I smile,"This living situation has yet to be confirmed. And i have to get to work."

Rory nods and says," Okay, no drowning today."

I stop and stare at her.

Rory cautiously smiles," too soon?"

I just shake my head and laugh as I leave the house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work today was the epitome of boring, which is why I agreed to get drinks with my friends.

On the way to joes I texted my sister the address

Text: Hey, we are heading over to Joe's Bar. You can meet up, and I can introduce you.

I slip my phone in my pocket as I walk with Alex and Mer, we are planning on meeting the others I believe.

Once we arrive at the bar we all find a table to sit at and order some beers. Christina comes in and joins us at the table as we all get comfortable.

Christina takes a drink of her beer we ordered for her," Wheres the other two?"

I shrug my shoulders.

Meredith smiles," George was very hungover today so my guess is he is sleeping, and Izzy was kind of jittery all day."

(P.S. this was the episode after they sleep together and George is hungover and says he is not going to tell Callie)

I sigh and go to say something when I hear to the door to the bar chime and look over my shoulder to see my sister entering.