The end of the world

It has been some time now, and Alex did pass his boards. A strike also happened with the nurses, and now Christina is trying to convince Meredith to go to work because she has some bad feeling or something.

Cristina, Izzie, George, Isabelle, and Alex are in the pit getting ready for incoming cases in their lovely yellow gowns.

Cristina (to Izzie): I haven't been in the OR in two days. I'm getting some OR time. (We all start making their way to the double doors where the patients come in) Cristina: We haven't had a decent resident this week.

Izzie: Oh the last two weren't that bad.

Alex: Doesn't matter which resident we get. They suck.

George: They all sucked.

Izzie: Yeah.

(They've all walked to the door except for Meredith who is a few feet behind them to still putting on her yellow gown)

Meredithjoin us and comes up behind where Izzie and Alex are standing together and Cristina and George are standing in front of them

Alex (to Izzie): So you want to do charts later?

Izzie: Never gonna happen.

Alex: What?

Izzie: Alex, I gave you your chance. You had your chance and you slept with someone else.

(George rolls his eyes and Cristina looks like she wants to crack up laughing. She and George both chuckle)

Izzie: I forgave you in the spirit of being a bigger person. Of rising above but these legs are closed to you now. The panties are staying on. So you and me? Never gonna happen.

I roll my eyes, this conversation has been happening for days.

Alex: So you don't wanna do charts later?

Izzie: Go stand over there. (She gestures for to move away from her)

Cristina: Can we get back to the point?

George: You had a point?

Cristina: Yeah, which surgeon are we going to have to suck up to today?

Bailey: That would be me!

They all turn around startled and find Dr. Bailey looking very pregnant but still dressed in normal everyday clothing standing behind them.

Cristina: Dr. Bailey?

They all turn around startled and find Dr. Bailey looking very pregnant but still dressed in normal everyday clothing standing behind them

Cristina: Dr. Bailey?

I smile so excited that bailey is back.

Bailey: I've been gone 2 weeks. 2 weeks! And you ran off 2 residents! I've got people phoning me at home, screaming telling me my interns are Rosemary's babies.

(We all looking slightly offended by that, and Isabelle looks guilty)

Bailey: Nobody wants you! Do you think I have time for this? I am pregnant! I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I'm supposed to be growing a human being. I'm supposed to be calm! Do I look calm to you? Did I raise you fools to be pariahs?

(George pushes past Meredith and Izzie and walks up right to Dr. Bailey who looks confused at George's behavior. He grabs her in a tight hug)

George: You're back.

I giggle and still am smiling so wide one could put a hanger in my mouth.

Bailey: Ah! I'm not back.