Promises are a joke

In the OR, time loses all meaning. In the midst of sutures and saving lives, the clock ceases to matter. 15 minutes. 15 hours. Inside the OR, the best surgeons make time fly. Outside the OR however, time takes pleasure in kicking our asses. For even the strongest of us, it seems to play tricks. Slowing down, hovering...until it freezes, leaving us stuck in a moment, unable to move in one direction or the other.

ALEX (through the door of the bathroom, to Izzie lying on the floor, unresponsive): Izzie. Izzie come on!

GEORGE: Okay, she's been in there all night. We have to do something.

ALEX: Yeah.

MEREDITH: Yeah.

CHRISTINA: Yeah.

Isabelle: Yeah

MEREDITH: Why are you all looking at me?

CHRISTINA: Well this is familiar territory to you.

MEREDITH: There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar. Denny died. The man she loves died.

CHRISTINA: Yeah, but you're all dark and twisty inside.

MEREDITH: "Dark and twisty?"

CHRISTINA: The mother with the Altzheimers thing, and the father that you don't talk to.

ALEX: The tequila thing, and the inappropriate men thing...

GEORGE: You are dark and twisty inside Meredith, and now Izzie is dark and twisty inside.

MEREDITH: So now all a sudden I'm the president of people with crappy lives? Maybe Isabelle knows something with all her secrets.

I just shrug.

GEORGE: Seriously we have to do something. Someone has to go in there. (We see Izzie, still unresponsive and staring into space, still lying on the floor in her prom dress.)

George went in to talk to her, and after no luck a bit later I entered and sat on the floor across from her.

Isabelle: Izzy, I know there is nothing I can say that will make what you are feeling disappear but i can try to help. Denny was a good guy, he loved you, cared for you, and more so I feel like he would not want you to be like... this. Though we understand you are going through the hardest patch of this so we are here for you. if you need to scream, then scream. Want o throw and break things let us know. Need to shove your face full of food, what type?. Need a shoulder to cry on, then we are here. Just don't lose yourself, Izzy, we all love you out there.

At that, I stand up and make my way downstairs to the kitchen by Meredith and Christina who were having a conversation. Upon me entering the room it becomes dead silent.

I laugh and grab a glass of water," Dont stop on my account."

Meredith just turns around and starts cleaning dishes, and I raise an eyebrow at her.

I look at Christina who just shrugs her shoulders and then makes some sandwiches.

I scrunch my eyebrows together and say," Okay whats going on?"

Meredith looks at me and sighs," Isabelle, your my friend and I really never meant to hurt you nor anyone else."

I look concerned," Mer, your good, what happened?"

She takes a deep breath," Last night, at prom. Derek followed me into an exa room, and he was just saying all the right things, and then he kissed me and it felt so good. Next thing know we are having sex, and then to find out Denny died after that. But I slept with Derek last night Isabelle, I am so sorry."