We almost had it all...

Update: Isabelle and the interns have been studying for their intern exam. Chrisitna and Burke are planning the wedding, Isabelle, Mer, Izzie, and Callie are the bridesmaids. Addison is in LA visiting friends and seeing if she is fertile enough to have a baby, and she finds out she is not. Meredith step-mom Susan has been in the hospital for the hiccups and Mer has talked to her dad a couple of times, sadly though there were complications and Susan died. She died in surgery, and when she told Thatcher he slapped her across the face. George decided he is going to transfer to Mercy West after the end of the intern year. Right now Meredith and Derek are in a rough patch. Lastly Rory decided that she is gonna stay until the end of the intern year.

Meredith is dressing for Susan's funeral in her bedroom, while myself and the rest of us besides George are in the kitchen studying.

Cristina sitting at the counter says," How do you treat pancreatic divisum?"

Izzie goes to stand up form the table before Christina says," Izzie?"

Izzie sighs," Oh, Cristina. If you're not gonna let us sleep, you at least have to let me put coffee in my cup."

I just sigh and take a sip of my coffee.

Cristina looks at her confused," Okay, so go. No one's stopping you."

Izzie sits down," I'm too tired to go."

Cristina," Pancreatic divisum."

Alex casually says,"Dorsal duct sphincterotomy."

Cristina pointely says to him," Not your turn, but correct. You do me."

Alex grabs some cards," I can't believe O'Malley's missing this. How's he gonna be ready?"

Cristina laughs," Oh, you're kidding, right? We have Callie's cards, but George has... "

Izzi finishes the sentence blankly," George has Callie."

Alex shrugs and continues," What's the most frequent cause of diarrhea in hospitalized patients?"

Izzie does not stay focused," Is she coming to this bachelorette thing tonight?"

I nod my head and say,"yes"

Cristina ignores," Rotavirus. Yes. Uh, no! No, no, no. Uh, salmonella."

Alex goes to give the answer," Diarrhea in hospitalized patients."

Meredith enters and says," The most frequent cause of diarrhea in hospitalized patients is C.Diff which can lead to toxic megacolon, perforation, sepsis and death. That's what killed Susan."

Meredith leaves the house and  Izzie asks," Is she okay?"

Christina covers for her," Oh, she's fine."

Alex inappropriately,"  Dude, she's messed up."

Izzie quietly says," Of course she's messed up. Susan was basically her surrogate mother."

Cristina agrees,"Yeah, her fake mom was better than her real mom."

I mumble," That's how it usually goes."

Izzie questions," Is she going to the hospital first or the funeral?"

I answer," First to the hospital, then to the funeral, then to the test this afternoon."

Alex asks," Has she even studied?"

Cristina kinda annoyed, stands up and fills everyone's coffee cup while saying," Yeah, she studied. She's fine. She just needs to be left alone, okay? So what's inside the carotid sheath? Izzie?"