Hello Huntzberger

Meredith's kitchen

Meredith's kitchen...

Derek is smoothing out house blueprints on the table. While Meredith is cracking eggs, and I am at the table painting my nails.

Derek starts talking about the house," It's a classic Victorian design with an open floor plan."

He looks at Meredith confused,"What are you doing?"

She answers," I'm making an omelet."

I snicker at that, this girl can't cook to save her life.

Derek continues," What do you think of the house?"

Meredith looks up," The house? I think the house is great."

I stand up making sure not to hit my nails against anything and look at the blueprint," nice."

Derek looks at her," If you don't like it, you can tell me. It's your house, too."

I open my jaw and Meredith drops an egg on the floor and rushes to clean it up while Derek looks at her confused.

Meredith," Damn."

Derek changes subject," So why are you cooking again?"

Meredith smiles," Lexie was having a bad night, and I thought I would do something semi-sisterly."

Derek looks to me for confirmation," Really?"

I nod," Well thanks to myself, yes."
----------
Lexie enter the kitchen with Alex as Meredith sets a plate in front of Derek.

Derek talks more about the house,"I'm not saying we have to build it now, but we have to plan it now."

Alex wrinkles his nose and looks at me,"Dude, what the hell is that?"

I just smile and take a sip of the smoothie I made," Meredith cooked. She wanted to do something nice for Lexie."

Lexie smiles and sits at the counter," You cooked for me?"

Meredith shrugs and smiles," It's no big deal. Just ... eggs and avocado and whatever cheese that was in the fridge."

Lexie looks nervous," Oh, I love, um, avocados."

Alex is having juice, watching Lexie try a bite and  Meredith asks,"Is it okay?"

Lexie nodded, " mm-hmm."

Meredith turns to put stuff away as Lexie turns to Derek and shakes her head. Derek puts down his fork.

---------------------------------

I asked Callie whose service I am on today and she told me that I was in the ER.

Today Lexie and Steven are in the ER as interns with me.

I have already taken care of a broken leg, and someone with a laceration when I get paged of an oncoming car accident victim.

I grab the interns to help and head to the ambulance bay.