Epilogue (if you don't like sad endings)

A few weeks later I sit on the beach alone. It's summer now and school just got out. I have nothing to do and nowhere to go, as my mom never made the effort to make amends. but that's fine with me. 

The sun set a few minutes ago and I'm completely alone, listening to the waves crash in silence. I always feel a piece of me gone, ever since he left. but I hope he took that piece with him and he'll never forget what we had. 

I sigh, I come to the beach nearly every month, trying to let go of these feelings. I'm sure he's moved on so why can't I? Am I that useless to myself that I can't provide myself happiness?

I sit close to the shore so that the water could potentially swallow me up, but it never does.

Instead I hear soft footsteps padding in the sand. I don't bother looking up because it's probably just a tourist. 

However the figure sits next to me silently.

"Come here often?"

I know that voice. I look to my left and there he is. Kevin Moon, his smile lighting up the dark as always. 

It takes a second for me to realize he's actually here. I'm not hallucinating.

"Y-you're? You're here??" I exclaim.

"Yes, I'm really here." 

"W-I- I mean how? You... you remember," I stutter in shock, feeling the emptiness in my heart fade a bit.

His eyes soften, "How could I forget?" 

"But how are you here??" I ask.

We hear chatter across the beach, and Kevin glances back at a black van parked a bit away. His manager is waving at him to come back so he won't be seen. I guess this is his life now.

I fidget with my sweater sleeve. I suppose this is the moment where he leaves and we don't see each other again. Another goodbye.

I look up at the boy who I missed so much. He sticks his hand out towards me.

"Wanna come with?"