4

In the morning, as soon as he entered office, he started to regret his decision. It was not that there was anything wrong in coming to work.  There was a system issue and he needed to deal with it. But he had got himself a follower, and that had become a serious problem.

All along their journey, from the time they entered through the gate, in the elevator, along the corridor, people , irrespective of whether they were men or women, kept staring at them as if they were exotic creatures.

Song Yu Shan looked at them with widened eyes. She smiledat them if they happened to catch her eye. Some people Xiang Yu had never ever met even tried to come up and talk to them. Ofcourse, icy stares from him made sure they did not proceed further. Who wanted to get frozen by a blast of icy wind?

“ Xiang Yu, these people are looking at you”, Song Yu Shan spoke up, “ but they are afraid to approach you. Why are you giving off such a cold vibe?”

“When did I give off cold vibes?”He led her to the cubicle in the centre and waved at her, “go sit there”. When the other colleagues saw him, they immediately started discussing the recent virus attack and steps they needed to take to protect themselves against the vulnerabilities.

Song Yu Shan obediently sat in the chair he pointed out. With her hands on her lap, she looked like a student attending a class at school

Five minutes…Ten Minutes..

Several people were gathered in front of the computer and the discussion was in full swing. No one was paying attention to her.She yawned. It was so boring.

“Sister, do you want to have something?”A young man passing by on his way to go out suddenly asked her. “Would you like to read the newspaper? Play solitaire? Watch a DVD?”

“I…” She blinked, then smiled sweetly, “Can I have some coke?”

The young man looked stunned! He stood in the same place for two seconds before he came back to earth. “Sure, I will get it.”

The cola was delivered to her in three minutes. There was another young man with him and both of them decided to have a chat with her.

“How old are you?”

“Are you going back to the US for college?”

“Are you here in Taiwan for your summer vacation?”

“How is high school in America? Is it great fun? Does everyone drive to school? Do you have parties every night?”

They kept questioning her and she kept answering sweetly. Her cute attitude enamoured the young men who had never interacted with someone in her social set.

When Xiang Yu’s discussion finally came to an end, he looked back and found Song Yu Shan surrounded by young men. All of them looked excited and seemed to be talking at the same time.

And the little imp looked like a cute kitten with her huge eyes and the innocent expression on her cute face. His expression turned hard. As he walked over, he crossed his arms and lifted his chin, as if preparing for a confrontation. His handsome face was like an ice sculpture, bereft of any emotions. When the group around Song Yu Shan saw him, they were immediately scared and rushed back to their seats.

“I didn’t do anything!”Song Yu Shan spoke out. “I was bored sitting here and we were just chatting.”

“Hmm”, he snorted, “Just keep to yourself. This is a work place.”

“But I have nothing to do…”

“Would you like to go shopping? I have to stay and work here but I can ask someone to go along with you..”