5

Song Yu Shan’s personal bodyguard was replaced by another person. This one was more experienced. Unexpectedly, Song Yu Shan had become much more co operative once Wu Dashu took over. Difficult to wake her up in the morning? No such thing!Every morning, when Wu Dashu knocked on her door, she was already up and ready to leave? Spoiled and arrogant ? He had never seen such behaviour. Whatever he requested, she would comply, as docile as a kitten. Wu Dashu had been prepared to face an extremely difficult and challenging task. But after a few days, he realised that this task was actually very simple. He even managed to get hours of free time.

He finally concluded that the company must have sent the wrong people to be her bodyguard. Sending a handsome , young man with no experience and questionable ability had been a mistake. No wonder there was so much gossip buzzing in the company! Miss Shui Xin had even been seen crying a few times. Fortunately, Xiang Yu had spoken to the boss and re-assigned Wu Dashu to help protect Song Yu Shan. He, himself had headed back to his old job. Soon after this move, the rumour mills stopped as well. That was partly because no one dared gossip when faced with a blast of an icy stare.

Although no one actually said it out loud, every man in the company secretly admired Xiang Yu. Two girls with such excellent conditions were both enamoured with the same man. He seemed to effortlessly manage both the women to solve the earlier crisis. Shui Xin seemed to have calmed down in the last few weeks. Earlier , she would often throw tantrums, smiling at one moment and livid the next. Now she was quiet and calm. That was still within expectation. Shui Xin was after all quite mature. But to get Song Yu Shan to quietly and calmly accept a change in bodyguards must have required real skill. And he had pulled it off! The little princess was no longer demanding, wilful or arrogant. Everything was proceeding smoothly.

Strange!

Song Yu Shan screamed, cried and shouted at Xiang Yu. But Xiang Yu was completely unmoved, his expression neutral.

“Why? What did I do wrong? Why are you punishing me like this?” She cried and asked, her voice hoarse. Her eyes were red and her face was swollen. Throughout the afternoon, she had relentlessly cried and screamed, asking for the reason over and over again, but nothing she did could convince him to change his mind.

“ You didn’t do anything wrong”, Xiang Yu explained in an even tone,” it’s just a better option. Wu Dashu is more experienced and he’s available now. You will be safer with him around.”

“ Why did you do this? Do I have any say in this?” Tears were streaming down her face,” I don’t want anyone else. I just want you.”

He shook his head, “ This is the best option for you. Anyway, I was supposed to be with you only till the end of August. We are just doing the substitution a few weeks earlier than planned.”

“ I don’t care. It was supposed to be the end of August. You can’t leave now!” Song Yu Shan ran over and grabbed his arms tightly, as if preventing him from leaving her.

He gently pulled away his hand. ‘ Don’t worry. Don’t make trouble. These things have already been decided. Anyway, bodyguards keep coming and going, hasn’t this happened before? As long as it is someone who is skilled enough to protect you, it doesn’t matter who that person is.”

“ It does matter! You are Xiang Yu, not any other person who comes and goes!” She cried and despite all his attempts to get rid of her, plunged into the circle of his arms and wrapped her hands around his waist. Her sobs sounded like they came from a small wounded animal.Her tears drenched his shirt.

“When you are gone, what will I do? Who will I look for if the bad guys come in the middle of the night? Who will help me look for my favourite toys?”