Ch-3: Cookin' Like Chef I'm a 5 Star Michelin

"You have any hidden veggies?" I asked.

"Don't tell captain but there's beans in the top shelf there, tomatoes in the bottom shelf behind the honey bottle, onions behind the rice flour up there, potatoes in the bottle with the waffle cover..." and so on he said many vegetables, some which I haven't heard myself.

Most of the them were kept on the top shelves since Hongjoong wasn't tall enough to see/reach there (hehe, I'm finally taller than you now Hongjoong) and some were kept in other covers so he wouldn't recognise that there were vegetables in his food all along. Seonghwa really is like the mother of the group.

I thought of making biryani at first but then I realised that means the vegetables would have been exposed in the open. I had to think of a combo that would require vegetables with rice but without showing vegetables in the open. Then an idea struck me. I could make the gravy the gravy of onions and tomatoes and then crush them into a paste so he wouldn't be able to see them. Basically, it's Shahi Paneer without the Paneer. I still didn't want to risk because the tomato taste would be strong so I just made Sambaar and Rasam instead.

 I still didn't want to risk because the tomato taste would be strong so I just made Sambaar and Rasam instead

Sadly there was only Basmati rice. I was really looking for Sruti Kolam but I couldn't find it. Seonghwa gave me many threatening stares as I made the food. Seems like they've never eaten Indian food. I will never forget Yunho's reaction to Hajmola and Seonghwa eating soan papdi with chopsticks. The editing was sass. Who's gonna tell Wooyoung that banana chips isn't made from the fruit banana. Wait, I CAN now!

It took me around 15 minutes to get them ready along with the rice

It took me around 15 minutes to get them ready along with the rice. Wonyoung was still preparing the chicken. I took a spoon and crushed all the tomatoes so it wouldn't be seen to the naked eye. (Microscope, I'm looking at you.) By the time I finished crushing the tomatoes Wonyoung finished preparing the chicken. We were ready to serve.

I arranged them at the table

I arranged them at the table. I was able to make only 8 servings so I was hoping someone said they didn't like it and eat the chicken instead. I was highkey predicting that it would be Seonghwa but I was replacing him then I had to hope that he found me worthy enough. I had to feed me and my sisters too and my brother. They'd probably be fine with chicken but I don't eat meat. With two Hongjoongs I'm pretty sure I'd get rice while they fight for the meat.

Author-nim whoever you are, I'd like to thank you for keeping a gas stove, mixer grinder and smasher that needed mechanical work instead of electricity in a freaking pirate ship that works in the middle of the sea. Thank you for incorporating modern technology in this pirate world.

We all sat to eat. Knowing that there are 2 Hongjoongs, Wooyoungs, Mingis and Sans I remembered that scene from Answer where they eat together. There wasn't enough place so we had to wait for Pirateez to eat first. Yes, that's what I'm calling them.
Pirate + Ateez = Pirateez

I was internally praying that they liked the food but before that I had a mess I had to clear

I was internally praying that they liked the food but before that I had a mess I had to clear. They had no idea how to eat Sambaar and Rasam with rice. Jongho pretty much stabbed the rice with his chopsticks.

"You guys use chopsticks on a ship?" I asked.

"Yes? Is there any problem with it?" Yeosang asked.

"Not actually but can it expensive since you guys are using wooden ones. Metals one are like a one time investment so it would be better in the long run especially since you guys will be travelling a lot. One more thing is that you're not supposed to eat this rice that way."

"You're supposed to pour some of the Sambaar in the rice, add some ghee then mix it with your hands like this then open up 'ahh' and it goes in." I demonstrated as I fed San.
"Wait- I fed San!" I screamed internally.

"How is it?" I asked as I saw the other doing what I just taught them. 

San felt specially touched eating the food. WooSan supremacy! Hongjoong liked it too but he was more invested in chicken. Yeosang had tears in his eyes eating the chicken. He declared it the best chicken in the world and begged the Captain for Wonyoung to stay. My WooSang heart was racing so bad. Others didn't have any specific reactions. My fate now depended on Hongjoong and Seonghwa. 

I'd put more emphasis on Seonghwa. Why you ask? Hongjoong is the captain, but he has a soft spot for Seonghwa. Seonghwa has the cooking knowledge Hongjoong may or may not know. Hongjoong being a wise captain will probably ask Seonghwa to rate the food. God bless that my encounter does not affect my life.

The deciding moment came. Everyone had eyes on Seonghwa. I had to calm my nerves. Minsoo's characteristic trait was not being serious in serious situations and I did just that.

"Whoo!" I started. Not everyone turned to my direction. I had a will to do it and I did it. I opened my mouth,

"All eyes on me now-" I started again. I could hear the Hojung face-palming and Wonyoung giggling.
"If I'm not selected, it's too pointless. We're still young and wild and we can help to find a new world we can call ours-"

"I'm sorry about him, I'll just just-" Minhee started. I could feel that he, wait no, she was embarrassed for me but I had to do what my character was like. God knows how many days ago they had last eaten. They did arrive here before I had but it seemed like they arrived a few hours before I did.

"Can we keep him? He's funny." Mingi added to comfort me.

"They do their job pretty well and entertainment is a plus point so we can definitely keep them. There's still a dozen extra rooms in the lower deck since we haven't found any staff yet." Yunho added.

I could write a long letter on how I love Yunho and why he's my bias but this is suggestion is enough for now and I'll never forget him for saving my life. But a dozen? That's a lot for ship. This is pre-Pirate King, they're not famous pirates yet they have a huge ship. That's ATEEZ for you.

"Hongjoong" 

"Yes?"

"I'd rate it 9/10." Seonghwa judged.

I should have been screaming, shouting, frustrated on how we got a 9 but not a 10 but no, my stupid brain chose to notice that Seonghwa called him Hongjoong instead of Captain. The author is def a SeongJoong shipper.

Seonghwa was still eyeing me.

"Do you know why I gave a 9 and not a 10?"

I could have answered anything. Right from not being in NCT to Hongjoong doesn't like veggies but no. My mind was clouded by the SeongJoong moment and I ended up saying something I never meant to.

"Cause I'm the one that completes you."