-The Prince's Compass-

"You called for me, father?" I asked bowing in his presence. Even after doing so, he still had this disappointing look on his face.

"As you know, our kingdom is slowly beginning to crumble. We've begun to lose status and I'm afraid some of our spies in the other kingdoms are hearing word that they're plotting to overthrow me as king, and take our land. We've become too vulnerable. So as king, I must act accordingly. You, along with two of our servants, will be sent to the Freecss Kingdom. From there, I expect you to overthrow their ruler and claim the land as ours. By doing so, we can finally reclaim our threatened title we've worked so very hard for."

As he finished up, I felt chills run straight through me. Nevertheless, I didn't dare utter a word about it.
"I understand father. I will do my best to uphold our status."

"Very well. You'll depart first thing tomorrow. Good luck, Killua."
I was then dismissed and sent back to my room in the castle.

Great...another thing I have to worry about...
After closing the door, I pressed my back to the cold wood and allowed myself to slide down. I sat on the ground, full of worry about the new mission.
Well, at least it beats training...

Seven years later;

"Kana Paradinight. It is with great honor that we appoint you to the second highest ranking in the castle. Now presenting, Kana Paradinight, The Prince's Compass!"

After all these years, I still wanted to stab my father for giving me such a horrible  fake name. I understood how necessary it was, but I still hated it.
After the knight finished the short speech, I was allowed to stand. I carefully made my way to the Queen's throne to revive a golden badge with a compass on it. Engraved, it said my new title. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

I finally did it!

I had been living in the Freecss Kingdom for most of my life now. I just turned 19 a few months ago. However, even after all of this time, I still haven't met the prince. They always kept the royal family tucked away so that people like me couldn't hurt them. Only people in compass or royal assistant could have any access to them.

After I revived my badge, they told me I could meet the prince.

It's all going to plan!

It was perfect, everything was coming together, just as my father promised. I followed closely behind the guards to the prince's room. There was tight security in all the rooms we went through, making me a bit anxious. Even so, it didn't shake me. I had waited so long for this moment, I couldn't wait to see who I'd take captive!

I could finally win the acceptance of my father and everyone else in my family.
As the doors to the prince's room slowly opened before me, I entered anticipating the moment I set eyes on my target.

With my thoughts racing with excitement, I finally saw him. He sat at a large white vanity, gazing at his reflection. His thin fingers stretched across his face, looking a bit frantic. Before anything else, I noticed the worry in his expression. He was dressed in a dark green raiment, complimenting his olive skin and hazel eyes. He took his hands and pushed back his thick black hair, taking in a deep breath.
In his room, stood broad windows, opened slightly to allow air to flow in and out. Only after a little more of observing did I notice they were a bit tinted—probably to insure his safety. Even so, the room was filled with sunlight and color. Before I could observe anything more, I glanced back at the prince.
We suddenly made eye contact.

"Ah- Hi there..." He spoke finally. His hands loosened around his head, allowing a few strands to fall down.
His voice was gentle and warm, not like anything I had ever heard before.
I wanted to hear him speak again.

"Your highness. I am Kana Paradinight. I have just been appointed to Prince's Compass. I do hope I am able to serve you well."
I fell to one knee, bowing before him.
I heard his walking get closer and suddenly felt his hands gently trying to pull me to my feet.

"It's okay it's okay! No need to bow, really."
I then rose up to be greeted by his smiling face.
"I am Prince Gon Freecss. It's a pleasure to meet you. You see, I don't get to meet many people, especially not people my age."

His whole demeanor was so strange. He was smiling, but his hands were shaking, I could tell he was trying to keep his voice from trembling too.
For the first time in my life, I didn't want to be intimidating.

"Oh I see..." I said finally.
A few moments of silence pass between us until I decide to speak again.
"I shall be going now. Please notify me when you need—"
As I went to turn away, I felt a light tug on my sleeve. I slowly began to face him again.

"Do you think..you could...stay a little while?"

Hm...he's kinda cute....

"Of course, your highness."

888 WORD COUNT!!

ANYWAY HEY YALL!!!
I'm back and better than ever >:)))
I hope y'all are doing mighty fine this holiday season and I thought I'd give you a little present and that is the first chapter! I do hope y'all enjoy this story and I can't wait to write more!!

I must warn y'all though that I have midterms and all those sorts of tests coming up in school so it will be a bit harder for me to post. I'll be doing lots of studying but I'll try my very best to post AT LEAST once a week.

That's it for now!
I love you so very much and happy holidays,
Mama madladdd❤️❤️❤️❤️