-Father-

It took just over 4 days to reach my home town and another half day to make it to the castle. I couldn't bring myself to look out the window at the streets I grew up looking over. Memories of the past flooded back into my mind as we approached the castle.

As the chariot came to a halt, servants from all angles assisted with my luggage and helping me out of the cart. It was horribly strange to be treated as royalty again. I was no longer used to having terrified servants waiting hand and foot to accommodate to my every need. Each bore a welcoming smile but their eyes and the way their hands trembled told otherwise.

"Welcome home, your highness."
This was not my home.
"It's an honor to be in your presence again, Prince Killua."
I was not your prince.
"We're all so pleased to have you home."
No you're not.

Each of them spoke frantically, talking over each other, reaching for my attention. Their desperation was all too familiar.
They only said and did these things because their lives were on the line. Not because they simply meant it, like the servants in the Freecss Kingdom. The change in atmosphere was something I would've preferred to have forgotten about.
I pitted them, so I managed a smile and a few 'thank you's.

I patiently headed torwards the castle entrance and reached into my memory to remember the Royal Chambers.
Servants followed closely behind but eventually stopped because they were to scared to follow me into my Fathers quarters.

It was a dark and rather cold for late summer, however the Zoldyck Kingdom always had that feel to it. The hallways were dimly lit and a bit challenging to see in. I thanked my night training because it made it easier to see in dark rooms—that and I knew this hallway like the back of my hand. It's been 7 long years and I still knew this whole castle by heart.

As I approached the door to my fathers chambers, a dark figure emerged from his room. His long silky hair and pale complexion almost made me stumble and fall back. Once he sensed me, his heads quickly whipped around to look at me.

"Oh...you're already here." His voice was level and monotone.
I knew he couldn't hurt me, father wouldn't let him, but fear still left me paralyzed.
"How was your trip here?"

"Like you give a shit."

"Now now, Killua. You know you're not match to me so—"
I blinked and his nails were just moments away from piercing my neck.
"I suggest you watch your manners."

"You can't hurt me, father won't be happy with you." I stated, trying desperately to keep my voice from shaking.
After a moment, he stood up straight.

"I suppose you're right. If he lets you live, say goodbye to the rest of us this time. Don't just hurry off on your little mission and disappear for several years."

"Whatever." I scoffed and continued to my fathers chambers.

Just before I entered his room Illumi left me with one more remark.
"Good luck Kill~ you'll need it."

...

As I creaked open the heavy wooden door, I was met with a gust of chilling air. I couldn't let him see through how nervous I was, so I continued as if I was expecting this atmosphere.
Once I entered the room I was met with my father staring out the window. He had a faint smile on his pale face, his eyes narrowed, looking satisfied. Even after I entered the room, his eyes stayed out the window.

"Good evening, Father. I have returned from my mission baring good news. But it's not the news you're expecting."

"My son...it's nice to have you home."
His eyes finally met mine.
"What I'm expecting is good news. I know you wouldn't disappoint me. Would you?"
It had been seven years since my last face to face conversation with my father, and this unwavering fear still hadn't left my side.

I stood there, head up high, eyes locked with his; for Gon.

"Yes father. You see, my mission was to either assassinate the prince or claim the Freecss Kingdom, correct?"

"I don't need clarity on your mission. We're my directions not clear?" He snapped, his narrow eyes moving back to the window.

"No, no! My mission was nothing but clear, I can assure you father." I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead, terrified of saying the wrong thing. "I was able to find a new approach to this mission though. You see, I was able to form an agreement with the Freecss Kingdom. An alliance under marriage! The Freecss kingdom has agreed to give us all the resources we could ever need as long as we unite our two kingdoms under marriage."

He stayed quiet.

"A-and I'm sure you're wondering which of us will be marrying the prince, and I have already figured that out."

His piercing eyes glanced back at me.

"It's Alluka. She will unite our two kingdoms."

850 WORD COUNT!!
HI MY FRIENDS!!
I'm finally back and ACTUALLY here to stay and finish this book (I PROMISE)
Anyway I love and missed you all so dearly and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!
See you all in a few days!
I love you,
Mama madlad❤️❤️❤️❤️