-The Sunrise-

Sorry for the late chapters I was celebrating with my family! Happy new year, I hope y'all reach all of your desired goals and find an abundance of happiness!
Please enjoy the chapter!

Later that night;

Once I arrived back in my room, I got into my sleep attire and got into bed. It felt nice to have such an open space all to myself. No other servants to bother me or interfere with my mission.
For the first time in years, I felt relaxed.
I kicked my legs back and forth, messing up the sheets. It was still unbelievable how close I was.
I simply couldn't wait to capture Prince Gon and take over their Kingdom. All for my people.

With indescribable amounts of satisfaction, I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

...

*beep beep beep beep*

As I blinked awake, I heard a strange noice coming from my nightstand. I rolled over to see my whole compass blowing up with sound.

Shit! Did I sleep in??

I quickly got dressed and hurried to the prince's room.
Once I bursted through the door, I saw him carefully taking a sip of tea from his glass. He carried the cup with one hand while the other held his necklace. He only stopped pressing the button one I entered the room.
I felt my blood begin to boil as I realized there was no emergency and the sun was only just beginning to rise.

"Oh good! You're awake!" He chimed. "Now we can have tea together!" He ran up to me from across the room, took my hand, and lead me to the small table by the window. He placed a chair next to his and sat me down.
"I'm so glad I was able to wake you, you nearly missed the sunrise."
Before I knew it, my anger had vanished. It wasn't worth it to be angry. He'll be dead soon enough. He then began to pour me a cup of tea and placed a small biscuit on my plate.
We spent the next few minutes in silence, admiring the sun rise. It was a beautiful sight, but I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Part of me wanted to kill him now and just take his body back to my kingdom. We could pretend he's still alive to trick them into handing over their resources.
I felt my pupils grow wide at my thoughts. It wasn't a bad idea. Not bad at all.
A smile crept upon my face as I allowed my nails to form a sharp points.

His chest or his neck? Or maybe even his stomach? No, too messy—his chest would be my best bet!
My hand inched closer and closer to his heart while mine pounded in my ears.
They'll finally love you! The mission will be over and I'll finally be loved!
Time moved slowly as I focused all of my nen to the tips of my fingers. My mind filtered out all my sense and reason while I locked onto my target.
I'll get to see her again too! Alluka, I'll be home soon-

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Prince Gon said, causing my thoughts to stop.
I froze, fearing he saw or knew what I was trying to do.
"Watching the sun rise is one of my favorite things to do. Once I was born, I was sent here and I've been here ever sense. I have never left this room, not once. I know it's for my safety, but I wanted to explore and see the world. I still want that life."
As he continued to talk, he never looked away from the sun.
"I found myself crying nearly everyday. I never even got to meet my parents. The servants and my many compasses were kind, but it was their job to care for me. None of them wanted to. I know so many people would kill to live in luxury, but it's like a prison. One day, when I was having a difficult time falling asleep, I felt the sun shine brightly on my face. My eyes fluttered open to see the the sun rising behind the mountains. It was the only beautiful and enjoyable thing I had found in living here." He took a big breath. "I still find comfort in it today."

I wasn't sure why he was telling me this. I found myself at a loss for words.
Suddenly, he looked at be from the corner of his eye.
"Do you understand?"
I didn't know how to respond. I was about to kill him just moments ago.

"...Why are you telling me this?" I decided to ask. My chest was tight with nerves and a cold sweat began to rise within me.

"Because, I finally have someone to share this with. Someone to watch the sunrise with me."