-Morning Tea-

The next day, I spent the whole day formulating. I tried hard to think of ways to work my way into his life again. It sucked how I needed a whole other plan for my original plan to work, but I was willing to do anything at this point.
Once I was finally satisfied with my idea's, it was already 11:38 at night. I hurried into bed and set my alarm.
Soon after, I fell asleep.

...

I woke up at exactly 4am and got to work. I was beyond exhausted but I knew what I had to do. I got ready and rushed to the kitchen where there were already servants working and began to prepare some tea.
From what I observed, he enjoyed lavender tea with just honey and a pinch of sugar in the morning. I didn't dare give him caffeinated, he already had enough energy.

After about 5 minutes of steeping; I placed the teapot, two cups with matching saucers, and an assortment of breakfast biscuits and other treats on a cart for him to enjoy. I couldn't help but notice how the other servants behaved around me now. Nearly every person I ran into, greeted me saying "good morning, Compass Kana!". I felt sort of proud to wear the compass title.
After everything was ready I rushed to the princes quarters, wheeling the cart of treats in front of me. Once I reached his door, I listened for any activity. After a few moments of silence, I began to slowly open his door, being careful to not make any sound. After the door successfully didn't make a sound, I quietly wheeled the cart to his table by the window.
I set up everything and waited silently for him to wake up. As I waited, I admired the dark town from his window.

No wonder he spends most of his time here...this is rather nice...

I sat and enjoyed the night sky until I heard a soft beeping sound. An even softer yawn followed. He got out of bed, slid on his slippers, and checked his clock.
"...just about time for the sunrise..."
His eyes were full of sleep and not nearly as much excitement as they used to be. Even so, he looked at peace. At least on the outside.
He dragged his feet till he arrived at the table, from there he took a seat and rested his head on his arms. He closed his eyes once more, as if waiting for the sun's rays to wake him. I almost didn't want to make him aware of my presence.
Alas, after a bit of debating, I cleared my thought.
His eyes shot open to meet mine from across the table. He jumped back with a yelp, but his wide eyes soon closed once more with realization.
"Oh..it's just you..."

"Good morning Prince Gon..." I checked my watch. "The sun should be rising shortly. Please, drink your tea before it gets cold."
I pushed his cup closer to him and he turned his head.

"I'm not thirsty." He crossed his arms and stuck his nose up to the sky.

"It's your favorite~" I teased.
He looked down at the cup out of the corner of his eye. The honey-like hue radiated from the porcelain cup as the subtle lavender smell filled his room.

He took a deep sigh before facing me again.
"Fine. But only because I love lavender tea."
I laughed to myself as he took a sip.
"With honey too?"
His cold expression seemed to melt with the warmth of the tea.
"I didn't know you paid that much attention to me..."
And with that, the sun began to rise. I could tell because of the sudden light that struck his face.

"Oh the sun is rising now! Quick quick stand up!" He practically pushed me out of my seat and pulled my chair right next to his. Now that both chairs were facing the sun, he took my arm and placed me back into my seat.
We sat in silence as the sun rose from behind the mountain.

"...Hey...." He spoke suddenly. "Why did you do this..?"

"Because, your highness, I was foolish not to take this position and you more seriously. It was wrong of me to only see you as a chore. I should have been a better caretaker. I should have been a better friend."

"Aww, that's very sweet of you. Is it true?"

"Yes of cours-" I turned to look at him, but his expression caught me off guard. His eyes were hollow and his expression was dim.

"Is it true?" He asked again, this time, with tension in his voice.
I froze completely.

"P-prince Gon, I'm not sure I understa-"
My hands shook with the shock and sudden change in his tone.

"Must I spell it out for you, Prince Killua?"

818 word count!
HEY HOMIES!
Mama got you an early chapter💅 I simply couldn't wait to publish it!! I really hope y'all stuck around to see this crazy plot twist!
Enjoy the story and have a wonderful rest of your day!

I love you oh so very much❤️
Mama madlad