-The Freecss Ball-

Hey y'all! Sorry for the wait my birthday is coming up and I've had tons of planning to do!!
I love you so much and thank you for understanding❤️ now enjoy the next chapter!

After about a week of getting better, I finally began to feel normal again. It felt weird to be able to relax while being sick, but in a good way. By the time I was feeling better, we were nearing the end of summer.
As I woke up one morning, I found a small letter that had been slid under my door. I carefully peeled the wax off of the light brown envelope, a formal letter read the following;

Dearest guest,
It is with great honor we invite you to The End of Summer Ball. The celebration will begin promptly next week at sundown.

We look forward to your arrival,
The Freecss Kingdom

The neat cursive filled the page as my eyes grew wide. I had only served during the ball, I had never actually been able to attend. We had never had many celebrations at my kingdom, so I was excited and curious about the summer ball.
I got dressed and sped to the princes room.
"Good morning Prince Gon, have you heard the news?" I asked excitedly. I felt something under my foot as I entered his room. It was the same letter I had received, it was still sealed and now had a footprint on the envelope.
Prince Gon was already sitting at the table, eyes glued to the window. I carefully made my way across the room, I had already sensed something was upsetting him. I took the seat across from him as I gently began to speak.
"Is something upsetting you..?"

"....Well you see..I've never liked attending the annual ball. It's always been an upsetting time for me. I've tried to get out of it so many times but I'm required to attend."
I stared intently at him in hopes of picking up his emotions. His eyes stayed at the window, never meeting mine. Only then did I notice the tears that began to well up in his eyes.
"My aunt and everyone around me always asks when I'm getting married and when I tell them not yet, they begin picking all of these girls out for me!"
His face scrunched up helplessly and tears bubbled from his eyes and down his cheeks. Quiet sniffled followed as I moved my chair next to him. He covered his tearful face with his hands as I took my seat once more next to him. I placed one hand on his back and took his in my other.
"I-I don't even know if I like girls! I wish they'd just let me figure that stuff out myself...it's my life and my decision..."
He pulled down his sleeve in hopes of catching some tears. Once I noticed, I took my handkerchief out from my pocket and began to dry his eyes.
Once I was sure he was done expressing his emotions, I chimed in.

"It's okay, your highness. I understand how challenging adults can be with arranged marriages. And it's okay to question who you are..."
I looked to the side.
"Trust me, I've been there. But it won't or at least it shouldn't change how the Queen sees you. Besides....if you're required to go, I can attend the ball by your side—if you'd like that, that is."
I looked down shyly but when I looked back, I was met with his eyes. His face was a bit blotchy with tears and emotion, but his hazel eyes radiated a bright green. A smile had crept up on his face and suddenly he appeared less upset.

"R-really? You mean it??" He said excitedly as he inched closer to my face.

"Yes I do now back up-!" I felt myself get a bit flustered as he began to laugh.
I looked back at him to see his bright smile and regular colorful demeanor. His wholesome laughter filled the room as I sighed in relief. I was glad I could make him feel better.
We both spent the rest of the day together, like usual, and prepared for the upcoming celebration.