-Why?-

Two weeks into the new position;

Constantly, every minute of everyday, I am in the prince's room. It's gotten to the point where I've grown irritated.
The moment I step out to attend to other matters or just to use the bathroom, he'll click the button on his compass until I come back. And everytime I come back, he acts shocked. Saying things like "wow you really came back".
It became so irritating, that I decided to bring it up to him.

"Prince Gon, may I ask you something."

His head shot from whatever he was doing in his notebook.
"Yeah of course!"

"You see...whenever I have a meeting or other things to attend to, you insist on pressing that button to alert me to come back. Though I have promised my sworn duty to protect and assist you in all the ways possible, you must understand how inconvenient it is for me." I felt my frustration begin to creep out through my tone. "Why for any reason do you feel the need to alert me the second I'm not with you?"
I tried my best to remain professional but I was beyond fed up with him already.
He looked a bit shocked at what I said, but ended up giving me a weak smile.

"So it bothers you that much?"

I resisted the urge to kill him with all my might until he said those words. Almost immediately, I felt guilt.
He then told me that he wouldn't be needed my assistance until real emergencies. After that, he dismissed me to my room.
I was hoping to leave my feelings of guilt in his room, but they only ended up following me to mine. I felt my legs give out once I reached my bed and allowed myself to fall into it. I fell face fist into my bed and let out a groan.

I should be happy he's leaving me alone to think of the next step to our plan...so why do I feel like this??

I decided I shouldn't waste any more time, and got up to write a letter to father. It was getting dark anyway.
All in code, I told him I had finally reached my goal and was ready for what comes next.
My letter read;

Dearest Father,

It is with great honor, I tell you I've been appointed to The Princes Compass. After a long seven years of service to the Freecss Kingdom, I have finally reached my goal. Our goal. Now that you are aware of where I stand, the ball is in your court.
I look forward to seeing how your doing and how your plans for the future are coming along.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Killua

I had to address it to my living quarters in the Freecss kingdom to avoid suspicion. On the letter, I wrote "to my Father" so my servants posing as my parents would get the message. From there, they could give it to my actual father and he would get my message.
I felt rather satisfied with myself and allowed myself to fall back into my bed.

I could give my letter to the postman tomorrow, for now, I just wanted to rest.
I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep, still confused over my feelings.

.....

The next day, I woke up in the early afternoon. Shocked at how much I had slept, I hurriedly got dressed, grabbed my letter, and ran out to the servant in charge of mail.
I handed him the letter and he seemed a bit annoyed. I brushed it off and continued about my work. Since I hadn't received any word from Prince Gon, I finally had plenty of time to formulate my plan.

My fathers word will be final, but I could at least think up a few plans of my own...

...

After an hour or two of formulating, I thought of a few options.
I could, one, become buddy buddy with the prince and lure him into my trap. Two, I could simply kill him now and trick the Freecss kingdom into thinking he's still alive. Then we could force them to surrender their land.
And finally, I could simply knock him out and kidnap him that way.

Though I had seven years to formulate, a lot of my visions and ideas were those of a child. I still question my own ideas by forcing them into the mold of reality.
Either way, I trusted my father and everything he has planned. He's been around a lot longer and has learned the ways of leading and being a king.
I trusted him. I really wanted to trust him.

Hi homies<33
So sorry about this delayed chapter yall! It's been over a week😀😀
I'll be trying to post more but I've been very very busy recently.
Thank you for all of the understanding though! I appreciate every single one of you and all of the patience you've had for my stories!

Thanks y'all again
I love you very much,
Mama madladdd❤️❤️❤️