-My Home-

Once Gon and I settled things with the queen, I then had to start worrying on things with my Father. But first before anything, I consulted Gon.

"Have you thought about how we're going to tell your parents?" He asked the following morning over tea.

"I was actually just about to ask you about that...I need a favor from you."

"Anything." He said, delighted.

"I need you to stay here while I go speak to my family."
His cheerful face dropped almost instantly.

"But we're supposed to do it together!" He argued.

"Yes, but there are two issues; my whole kingdom thinks I'm going to kill you. They all want you dead. Especially my family. For your safety, I need you here. I want you to come along and meet Alluka, but I can't risk your safety. I would never put you in a situation I couldn't get you out of. So for that reason, I can't bring you with me."
I stated, sadly.
I would love Gon to travel with me to my home, but he's much too important to me. I could never do that to him.

After a bit of thinking, he finally responded;
"Okay...I understand, but aren't you putting yourself in danger too?"

"Yes, which brings me to my next point."
I stood up promptly and walked over to him. I quickly pulled him to his feet and wrapped him in a tight embrace.
"I may not return."
A quiet gasp escaped him.
"My home and my father are very dangerous. He's given me a lot of time to complete this mission and he's expecting results as soon as the summer comes to an end. Once I suggest something different that is the complete opposite than our plan for the past 7 years, there's no telling how he might react. If he turns to violence, I don't plan on backing down, but I that doesn't mean I'll win."
He began to return my hug.
"I had to tell you before I left."

"...When do you have to go?" He asked in a small voice.

"Later this week...I'm so sorry but I must do this. For our future together."
We stood in an embrace for what felt like hours until he began to pull away. Only then did I see the tears that had been traveling down his face. Seeing how much pain I put him though made me begin to tear up too.
This would be the first extended period of time we would be apart since we met. It was silly, but I would miss him dearly. From the way he had hugged me I could tell he felt the same.
"I am so, so sorry." I said again, wiping away his tears with the knuckle of my index finger. "I want nothing more than to marry you, so I will do anything to do so."
He nodded his head in response and pressed his face to my palm.
"I'll write you once I arrive, letting you know I got there safely."
Once again, he nodded.
"Please forgive me, Gon."

I felt okay with this. I was so willing to put my life on the line if it meant I could possibly marry someone as precious as him. The only thing I wanted was him. My life wasn't worth living if I didn't have him.
But I second guessed it all only a moment later;

"But I don't want you to!" He yelled suddenly. "I understand why you must go alone but that doesn't change how desperately I wish to accompany you. I need to know that you're safe. I need to know that you're alive."
Tears slid quickly down his face, departed from his jaw line, and finally dripped onto the tiles beneath us. I hated to be the reason for his tears.

"I cant promise I'll return, but I promise that if my father responds with violence, I will do whatever it takes to defeat him." I stated with confidence. "I want nothing more than to marry you, I won't let him take that away from us."
I could see my confidence ignite something in him and cause him to grin a bit. I then pulled him into another embrace, and kept him there. I pressed him to my chest.

I couldn't let him see how truly terrified I was.

-At the end of the week-

"Alright, that's the last of it." Said the charioteer after loading my bags into the back. Inside held my traditional Zoldyck attire and weapons supplied by the queen. Along with that were some bandages and first aid equipment, along with a crochet bunny I had made for Alluka.
As the servants held open the door for my entry, I turned to face Gon, teary eyed already.

It was just before dawn and there were only two higher-ups assisting in my departure. The only two higher-ups to be aware of our situation. The only two people besides the queen.

I shifted my attention to the rose colored sky and then back to him. The lit sky allowed for his olive skin to radiate and almost appear glowing. Tears of sadness and fear, now glistening down his cheeks, didn't properly reflect his next sentence;
"I really hope you have a safe trip. I know you'll return safely."
He questioned himself and I could see his internal conflict with his hope and the reality of the situation.
I took hold of his shoulders and looked him deeply in the eyes.

"I will see you again within the month."

He looked at me desperately.
"Do you promise?"

"I promise."
I held him tightly.
"I promise I will return to you."
I felt his tears leak through my jacket and my formal clothing. He shook and cried and clung to me like his life depended on it. I found myself doing the same.

After a few, I pulled away then drew him in for a kiss. He returned it and I felt myself melt as the sun began to rise.
"I will see you once more, Gon." I said in an almost whisper.

"Within the month.." He echoed quietly to himself.

"I love you."

"I love you too Killua."

And with that I reluctantly let go of him and entered the chariot. I stared at him through the window as the horses began to trot off down the long and winding path to the village.

Once the cart began to get some distance from the castle, suddenly, I could see him pick up his feet and start eagerly running to the chariot. My eyes widened in shock.

"KILLUA! PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME HERE! I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!"
He screamed desperately.

As the chariot got further and further, his cries muffled and I held back my own.

I would do whatever it took to return to him. Even if it meant taking my fathers life.