68

---

3am. I'm currently pouring a drink of bright blue glow in the dark liquid. I've lost count of how many of these I've had, let alone all the other colourful intoxicants I've sipped at this evening.

"Hey" I hear behind me. I spin on my heels to face that boy from earlier.

"Hi" I smile. I have no clue what his name is?

"Ethan" He reminds me. "Indigo right?"

"Yup that's me!" I laugh- that's so raven was the bomb.

"I've been admiring you all night since you came up to me and Kara" He admits.

"Creeper" I smirk.

"I really want to make out with you" He beams. He must be an extremely truthful drunk like Ellie.

"I have a boyfriend Ethan" I tell him. I don't know what Jack and I are at the minute.

"Kenny? Dump that dick. Kara told me he's a crap kisser anyway!" He exclaims. Kenny? What?

"What?"

"That guy you were with earlier! Break up with him"

"You're with Kara"

"I'd dump her in a heartbeat for you"

"Sorry Ethan but I'm not interested" I say trying to push past him. He steps to the left, blocking my path. "Let me past please" I slur.

"Not until I get what I want" What is it with boys these days? I'm not a piece of meat that they can have when and where they want it. He grips my wrists and starts to drag me upstairs. No, no, no, not again. Not this time. We reach the stairs and I catch a glimpse of Jack and Tara getting cosy up against the wall. She's kissing and sucking on his neck whilst his eyes roll into the back of his head in pleasure. I've seen that look before.

"JACK" I scream over the music. He breaks away from her kisses and looks at me. He doesn't know what to do. T grabs his face and pulls it so that he's looking at her. She kisses him again before Ethan drags me further up the stairs. At the top of the stairs I stop and kick Ethan in the back of the knee with my high heel making him fall to the ground. He lets go of me in the process; I kick off my heels and run as fast as I can out of the room.

I run down the stairs and through the house. I sprint out onto the soft sand, I stop to catch my breath slightly before I hear my name being called behind me. I don't turn, I just run as fast as I can possibly go whilst sinking into the beach. I reach the front door and fish around for the key under the mat- cliché I know. I grasp the cold metal in my hand and struggle to put it in the lock. I fiddle around for what feels like an eternity until I feel a pair of large hands on my hips and I freeze.

"You're safe" The person whispers. They reach round me and take the key from my hand, pushing it into the door and unlocking it. They push it open before I finally build up the courage to turn and face the figure. I spin slowly and face the only boy I've ever truly known. I breathe a sigh of relief as I see my best friend stood before me.

"I'm so glad you're here" I whisper, I collapse into his arms as he engulfs me in a warm hug.

"Let's get you inside" He says scooping me up in his arms. He carries me bridal style upstairs to his bedroom.

"Jack" I whine. "This isn't my room"

"I can't let you stay alone- you're drunk and scared. I have to keep you safe" He places me lightly on his bed and I start to pull my dress up over my head. "Woah" Jack says shocked. I pull it fully over my head to see him stood with his back to me. "I didn't mean to look- I just turned and you were naked."

"It's okay" I giggle. He rummages through his still not unpacked suitcase and pulls out a plain black t-shirt and tosses it behind me. I pull it over my head and climb into his bed. I watch as he pulls his shirt over his head and drops his trousers to his ankles; stepping out of them so that he's left in his tight black boxers. "Damn" I mutter to myself. He definitely heard it because he turns and smirks to himself. He strolls over to the bed and slides in next to me. I shuffle over to him and lay my head on his shoulder as he moves his arm and wraps it around me. I lay my hand on his abs and watch as his chest rises and falls. Damn I love this boy.

"Can I tell you something?" He says breaking the silence. "Every time we have a big fight I look at that picture" He points to the picture frame on the chest of drawers. I've never seen that there before. I didn't even know he'd brought it the LA with him. It's from the day that Jack crashed his go cart- the first time that I kissed him. He stands behind me with both arms wrapped around my shoulders (he's always been taller than me) and we both beam at the camera. We don't have a single care in the world. I miss it.

"Then what?" I whisper.

"Then I tell myself that I have to fix things with this girl. She's the most beautiful, caring, amazing girl that could ever enter my life and I can't just let her walk out of it so easily. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. With you."

"Really?" I smile into his chest.

"You mean the world to me"

"But yet you constantly scream at me and bring me down and make me feel like I'm not good enough"

"You are good enough! In fact, you're too good."

"I'm not. I make my way through every boy I meet. How do I know you're not just another guy who wants to get in my pants and then leave me?"

"I'm still here aren't I? I'm your little Jack Attack- always have been, always will be. I love you"

"I don't know Jack. I still don't think-"

"Don't think, just do what your heart tells you to"

"I'm going to be sick" I blurt. I sit up quickly but the sensation soon passes. False alarm. I lie back down slowly into my current position and yet again watch the steady rise and fall of Jack's chest.

"You should get some rest. Night" He says bluntly. Is he seriously annoyed at me again? I close my eyes until I'm sure Jack has fallen asleep and they soon shoot open. It's probably about 4:30am and there's a beam of moonlight shining through the window. It lands on the photo frame, creating a spotlight around it. I can't help but look at the boy smiling back at me.

There's something about Jack. He has that compelling attractiveness and charm that can inspire devotion in others, however he also has the ability to make me want to strangle him continuously. When I'm with him, I can't help but laugh and smile and just feel kind of amazing. Although at this point in time, he makes me feel a strong momentum of detestation that I cannot stand. I guess you could say that I have an extraordinary range of sentiment for the boy- this all comes down to how he is around me. One minute he's shouting and bawling about me using him, and soon after he's protecting me like a father nurturing his descendant. I guess the one thing that we can all agree on is that I cannot fathom my emotions and thought for someone I know know almost everything about. Everything apart from my affection for him.

(A/N: Thank you so much to my amazing best friend @whatevamy for writing that last paragraph which I am totally in love with. Give her some love and look out for future books that I am trying to persuade her to write! Hope you all like it as much as I do)