27

(A/N: Check out my new Jack Johnson fanfic called 'Finally. -A Jack Johnson fanfic' and give it a vote if ya love me (: )

So how did I meet Nash? That's what you want to know right? Well it's a funny story..kinda.

September 3rd 2005. Jack and I had just turned 8 the summer before and were starting school for another year but it wasn't a big deal- we had eachother and that's all that mattered. Well this was until Jack met Nash- I thought I'd lost him. I couldn't exactly do all the boy things, like all the sports teams and 'boy games' (as they put it). I absolutely hated Nash.

Nash and Jack grew closer and Jack and I grew further apart. That is until summer 2010 where it all changed. Nash and I grew closer and Jack and Nash grew further apart- but why? Nash and I started dating- that's why.

Eventually Nash and I spent all our time together, cutting Jack completely out of the picture. Then, when we started high school, Nash got me into the 'popular' group. He knew Cameron from his football team when they were young, Cam went to junior high with Shawn, Shawn and Ellie started dating that year (on the first day infact) and Ellie, Meg and Anna were already best friends. I was the outsider of the group. Until Matt came along.

We met Matt in 10th grade, he'd just moved to town so I was quick to befriend him- I didn't want to be the 'new girl' in the group anymore. What a mistake that was.

You're probably thinking: so yeah, I've accepted that you forgot Jack but you and Nash? Really? You both forgot him? Well we got kind of wrapped up in school and our new friends that we didn''t have time for Jack. He's changed a lot since then- Jack's barely recognisable!

So what happened to Nash and I? Well, to put it simply, Anna happened. No no, she didn't steal him away from me like Meg would! Nash told me he wasn't in love with me anymore, we broke up and later that day he and Anna were official. He's very quick to move on.

----------

I open my eyes to see Nash pulling a shirt over his head, light streaming through the open window blinding me.

"What time is it?" I groan, pulling the sheets up about my head.

"Its 12"

"I slept for ages. How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough for Anna to call me and find out you stayed the night"

"How did she find that out?"

"Hayes picked up the phone" He explains "Idiot" He adds under his breath.

"What did she do?" I ask as he sits down on the edge of the bed.

"She freaked out- I don't know why? I told her over and over again that nothing happened"

"Then?" I prompt

"Then she broke up with me. Said she couldn't 'deal' with me anymore- whatever that means" He rolls his eyes "You girls are so confusing"

"We aren't all drama queens like that!" I defend myself.

"No offence but you exploded at Cam last night just because he said you're easy"

"So you think I'm easy too?"

"Oh hell no. It took me 5 years to get you to talk to me just so I could ask you out. You are the exact opposite of easy"

"That's because you stole my best friend"

"And now we are best friends. I think it was worth it"

"Have you spoken to him since 2010?"

"Only in gym class but if I'm honest I didn't even realise it was him. I mean he's changed..a lot. His voice is deeper, he's lost the glasses and braces, he's ditched the homemade sweaters, he's bulked up a bit more. If I was a girl I might even say-" I stops at the end of his sentance, not wanting to say what he's thinking.

"He's hot now?" I try

"Yeah, if that's what floats your boat" He laughs "What are you doing today?"

"I guess I'm gonna go home and watch a movie or something"

"All the guys are going to Jack Johnson's house. You can come if you want"

"Nah, I don't want to barge in on your lads day" I laugh

"You wouldn't be. I want you to come" He says just as there's a knock on the door. The door opens and Nash's mom walks in with a pile of washing.

"Hey Indigo, how you feeling?"

"I'm good thanks, how are you?"

"I'm good sweetie. Nash don't forget you promised to look after Skylynn today" She says putting down the washing.

"But mom Jack's having us all round"

"Take her with you"

"Fine" He says as she leaves again. "Will you please come with me?"

"So I can look after your little sister whilst you have fun with your friends?"

"Maybe or because you're my best friend and I love you so much that I need to spend every second of everyday with you" He smirks

"Nah its definately the first one"

"Okay it is" Nash "Get dressed, we're stopping by your house on the way so you can change"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I say getting out of bed. I look at myself in the mirror. "Okay maybe you're right" I pick up the shirt on the top of the clean pile- It's a tie dye top with low cut sides. I hold it up against myself. "Can I borrow this?" I ask Nash.