57

---

It's now 7:21pm. Time to get ready. Molly, Laura and Katherine already went upstairs to get ready about 20 minutes ago.

"I gotta go get ready" I smile getting up from the table. "I'll be back down to load the dishwasher"

I run upstairs to see Molly curling her hair.

"Making an effort I see" I smirk as I watch her stick her tongue out for concentration.

"You should to" She replies, still looking at her reflection.

"What should I wear?" I walk over to the wardrobe and look at it's contents.

"This" She says pulling out a short white lace top "And this" She throws a pair of denim shorts at me. I nod and pull them on over my underwear. "You can see your bright pink bra straight through that. Stay classy not trashy" She says slightly disgusted.

"Fine" I sigh and grab my white lace bra.

"You should wear matching. In case you get lucky tonight"

"That's not happening" I assure her. I slide my bra on discretely and change. She didn't see anything.

"You look good" Molly smiles as she looks at me in my full outfit. "I find it cute how you always wear that necklace. I've never seen you not wearing it"

"Well I may as well. It's nice so" I say unable to finish my sentence.

"I wasn't challenging you about it, just saying"

"I know" I smile.

"Your hair looks so good now. Did you curl it earlier?" She says changing the subject.

"Yeah I did"

"By the way where did you go earlier? We got back and Jack wouldn't talk to us about you"

"I went out with Kenny and Nate" I tell her.

"Cool"

---

We arrive at Nate's house at 8:10pm. Music is blasting and it seems as though the entire residence of Santa Monica is here already.

"Hey!" I hear a familiar voice say next to me. I turn to see Kenny looking at me, smiling.

"Hi Kenny" I beam.

"Do you want a drink?"

"Sure" I yell over the music. I turn to Molly and Laura who I was previously stood with. "I'll be right back" They nod in response. Kenny takes my hand and drags me through the sea of extremely tanned bodies.

"Here" He says handiing me a beer.

"Do you have anything non alcoholic?"

"Yeah sure" He says. He seems a little disappointed but he'll have to deal with that. He hands me a can of coke instead.

"Thanks" I shout.

"Do you wanna go somewhere a bit quieter?" He says, his voice booming over the talking and music. I nod and follow him into the house. We go upstairs and he pushes the door open to an empty room. There's pictures in frames of Nate and various other girls in each one. I'm assuming this is Nate's room. I look around some more: loads of different articles of clothing cover the floor (some of which are actually female underwear- no questions asked), a desk covered in papers all containing differnt drawings and a wall covered in different types of hats all hung up on hooks.

"This is Nate's room I'm guessing?"

"Yeah. Its pretty cool right?"

"Could do with a tidy up but yeah not bad" I laugh.