5

"I guess" I say and change into my vest top and shorts. I tie my converse on and look up to see Meg and Ellie stood in front of me. "What did she say?"

"She just said she'd wish we would work harder" Ellie explains

"Really? That's it?" I say not believing it

"Oh and she said" Meg pauses, building the tension "Have a nice summer girls"

"Wow"

"I think she's scared of you guys" Anna laughs causing us all to laugh as well

"Chop Chop girls, we haven't got all day!" Our sports teacher says clapping her hands. Meg and Ellie get changed quickly and we all walk out in a line onto the field. We have to play rounders with the boys, great, more time with Matt. As we walk out, I feel all eyes on us, I self consciously pull my shorts down a bit to cover my bum.

"Don't do that, you look hot" Anna whispers in my ear "Matt's looking at you"

"I don't really want him to"

"I know you guys hooked up, but you have to lower your standards a bit, not all boys are college standard" She winks and then runs over to Nash, pecking him on the lips. Meg also runs over to Cameron who looks mad at her. Ellie shrugs and then lightly jogs over to Shawn. Not every boy is collage standard, how would I even know what college standard is? Matt was my first time. I know it sounds lame- the popular girl's only done it once. Lets just say I was saving myself. Not for Matt though. I walk over to Meg and Cam.

"Look, Ind, tell her that her shorts are too short" Cameron snaps

"Cam, they're not that short" Meg defends herself "I mean look at Indigo's" he turns his head to look but she stops him and pulls his head to face her "Don't check out my best friend with me stood right in front of you!" She snaps and then kisses him. I really don't understand these two- one minute they're fighting, the next they're kissing. I spot Jack out of the corner of my eye kneeling down to tie his shoe, in obvious pain. I walk casually over to him and bend down.

"Here, let me help you" I say reaching for his shoelace, he stands up again, struggling to see who I am through his swollen eye

"No you don't have to do that"

"You're not going to get punched again, I promise"

"Are you sure? Your friend over there is glaring at me" I look back to see Nash staring

"Ignore him, he's a crazy person" I say light heartedly. It makes Jack laugh but then wince in pain. "Sorry"

"It's okay"

"No, it's not, I'm sorry I let him hit you, it was an innocent mistake" I say standing up

"It was my fault, is your laptop okay?"

"Yeah" I smile "It'll live" that makes him laugh again, he closes his eyes, holding in the pain. "Sorry, I have to stop doing that"

"Ind what the hell are you doing?" I turn to see the girls all stood with their hand on their hip, glaring at Jack.

"I'm just helping Jack, it's my fault he's like this"

"Well come on, the lesson's starting" Meg says

I look back to Jack "Well I guess I'll see you around" I smile and turn back to the girls, they're glaring at me now. I shrug and lead the way back to the rest of the group.

---

"You all have lunch now right?" Ellie asks, I nod "Cool, I'll walk with you"

"kay" I respond

"What's up?" she sits down next to me untying her shoes

"Nothing, I'm fine" I insist

"hmm okay" she says. I fold my clothes up and put them into my bag. I realise I don't have any lunch today or any money, great.

"Anyone wanna buy me lunch?" I say cheekily

"I will, it is your birthday anyway" Ellie insists, she is a millionaire after all. I laugh to myself and receive some disgusted looks from the rest of the girls.

"Come on!" I say already walking out the door.