4

"Why have I never heard of him?"

"Probably because he's a nobody" Shawn adds

"Everybody is a nobody" Ellie says jumping on his back, he carries her to her first lesson: Maths. Ellie, Cameron, Meg and Anna are all in the same class. Shawn, Nash and I carry on walking in silence until we drop Shawn off at his first lesson: Music. He's a great singer and he plays guitar so it was no surprise that he chose to study music.

Nash and I both have science together first thing. My favourite, not. We got to choose where we sat so obviously I sat with Nash right at the back of the class. No one dared to sit anywhere near us, they're all scared of Nash, he's a bit of a loose cannon as you can probably tell from earlier. We sit in silence listening to the teachers instructions, we finished the topic last lesson so there was no point in starting a new one on the last day so he said we could do whatever we wanted. I turn to Nash, eager for some answers.

"Why did you beat that boy up this morning?" I say quietly so no one else can hear our conversation

"He knocked your folder out your hand"

"Yeah, so?"

"He deserved to be knocked around a little"

"Don't you think that's a bit extreme?"

"Well n-"

"Er hi, Indigo, if I can call you by your first name. C-Could you p-possibly sign my yearbook?" A girl who sits at the front of the class says handing me her yearbook, shaking. I look to Nash, giving him a look telling him that we will finish this conversation later. I look around to see everyone in the class staring at me and the girl in front of me. I snap on my 'I'm more powerful than you' look that my classmates are expecting from me.

"Ergh, sure" her eyes light up "Who do I make it out to?"

"Sarah" the girl replies

"Okay Sarah" I say taking her yearbook, flipping it to the page with a huge picture of me and the girls on it, captioned The Queen Bee's. I'm fine with that, it's true after all. "Sarah, have a good summer. Indigo Bartoli" I draw a smiley face next to it, snap the book closed and hand it back.

"Thank you so much" She replies, hugging the book closely to her chest. I hear my phone ting inside of my bag and I bend to pick it up. When I get back up the girl is still standing there, I look to Nash and he stares at her as if to say 'get lost loser' and she scampers off back to her friends. I breath deeply and unlock my phone.

(I=Indigo, E=Ellie, A= Anna, M= Meg)

E: Ind, are you and Nash there?

I: Yeah, how's maths?

E: Boring! I've had a revelation

I: What???

A: You mean I had a revelation!

E: Whatever? Anyways, we've decided to throw a party for your birthday tonight!

I: Tonight?

E: That's cool isn't it?

I: Yeah, it's just isn't that going to be hard to arrange and set up in only a few hours?

E: Not when you've got the whole football team at your beck and call ;)

I: good point, but where?

E: DUHHH

I: Am I missing something?

E: Where do we throw all our other parties?

A: Ellie's party house duh

I: Ok sounds cool, I'll talk to you guys at lunch about it yeah?