epilogue

September 2075.

Dear Jack,

I sit here writing this hoping that you'll never have to read it.

How can I possibly put into words how much I love you? I love you with all my heart and with every breath in my body.

60 years ago, to the day I write this, you made me the happiest girl alive- you asked me to be yours forever. I'm afraid I couldn't give you forever but we sure gave it a good go right?

My heart breaks to have to leave you but you know I can't stay. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but we'll be together again some day.

I can't express how much love I hold for you and our 3 children- just like we always said we'd have. Amanda, Jessica and Jack Junior, you are my most prized possessions, my bundles of joy. You're all grown up now. At least I can say I was there to witness it all. Amanda and Jessica, I watched you turn into the most beautiful, intelligent women; better than I could have ever dreamed of. JJ, you have become a better man then I had ever expected (I mean, you did have your father and I as role models) and for that I couldn't be prouder. I love you all so much and it pains me to have to say goodbye like this but we all know it's for the best. Take care of your old man for me.

Sarah, Thomas, Evie, Samantha, Anna, Meg and Ellie. I've watched you all grow into the beautiful human beings you are today. I've changed your nappies, I've held your hand when you got scared. I've fed you from a bottle and paid for your first cars. Remember what I've always told you? Don't try to be someone you're not. Stay true to yourself and happiest will find you. Live by that. Follow that one rule and you'll be destined for greatness. I know you will. Look after your parents and smelly old grandpa Jack okay?

Mom, Dad, Tilly and Violet. We've had our ups, we've had our downs (although admittedly most were downs) but through it all we made it. Looks like all we needed was a little nudge and a family wedding to bring everyone back together. Mom, thank you for teaching me to lose myself at all times. Dad, thank you for your blessing on our long successful marriage and thank you for buying those paintings all those years ago- you'll never know how much it means to me to have them hanging above the stairs of our old family home. Tilly, Violet, thank you for teaching me to always stand up for myself and to never give up no matter what. Thank you all for everything. I'll see you when I get to the gates huh?

And Jack. My little Jack Attack. It's been 60 years but you still make my heart flutter with every smile, with every song, with every outdated dance moves that we thought were cool back in our day (they weren't). Loving you hasn't been easy but it sure was worth the try.

Remember that day in senior year when we walked into school for the first time as a couple let alone 'newly engageds' as Shawn put it? As I walked down those halls I knew it would be the start of forever and for the first time in years I was at peace with myself. You made me want to be a better person and for that I can't thank you enough.

Our wedding day- 25th December 2017 because we couldn't just be normal and declare our love for each other on any other day- was the most magical day of my life. To see all of my friends and family standing, crying even as I walked down the isle to my future was so over whelming. Then to look up and see the man of my dreams in floods of tears over a hot piece of ass in a white lacy dress [which, (kids don't read this) you didn't hesitate in ripping off later that night] was just the icing on the 3 tiered chocolate and vanilla cake. Our first dance- what can I say- less 'first dance' more 'first but certainly not last failed twerk/whip combination' to the ever so classy 'Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap. Might I add this for you kids, you've seen the videos and although we looked bomb af (you still say that right?), the song and dance moves were already 2 years outdated at that point in time; blame Mr Jack Gilinsky for that one.