46

"Wake up fatty" I hear Jack's voice say. I open my eyes to see him stood next to my side of the bed holding a gals of water over me "If you don't get up right now, I'll pour this on you"

"Maybe you should drink it. You were pretty thirsty last night"

"Ha ha" He says unenthusiatically, tipping his glass slightly.

"What's the rush?" I say getting up. I put on some black leggings and a vest top.

"Family meeting" He informs me. He takes my hand and pulls me downstairs.

"Everyone is here" Katherine states "Sit down" Jack and I sit down at the kitchen table.

"Why do I feel like we're in trouble?" I whisper.

"As we all know, Laura is back. Which means we are going to have to rethink the living situation"

"Indigo can stay in my room with me. Sorted" Jack says

"Is that really okay with the both of you?" Laura asks

"Sure why not?" I smile

"Well that was quicker than I thought" Katherine laughs.

"Next thing" David Gilinsky says "Your mom and I have been thinking that it's about time we went on another family holiday too." This is awkward. I'm not a Gilinsky. "Indigo too" He smiles

"Really?" I ask in disbelief.

"You're part of the family" Molly explains.

"Great we're even more outnumbered Dad" Jack laughs

"You'll love it" I laugh

"Where are we going then?" Laura asks

"Your dad has a friend from work that has a beach house in Los Angeles" Katherine explains "He's offered to let us stay there for 2 weeks for free as long as we buy our own food and tidy up afterwards"

"When are we leaving?" Molly asks

"Sunday evening. Since there are 6 of us, we will have to take 2 cars. Jack, Indigo- I take it you'll want to be together so its sorted. Jack and David will drive. Ind is with Jack. The rest of us are with dad" Katherine smiles.

"What about my parents?" I ask.

"I already called your mom. She said it's fine"

"Did she say anything else?" I ask. She looks to Mr Gilinsky warily. "Please" I beg.

"She said we can take you away for as long as we want"

"Please don't sugar coat it"

"Take her for however long. We don't care." Mr Gilinsky sighs "Those were her words"

"Oh. Okay" Why did I even think she'd care for a second?

"We have a spare suitcase for you. We figured this would happen one day"

"And they were 3 for 2." Jack admits making me laugh.

"Wait, we're going on Sunday? Today's Saturday" Molly realises "That gives me a day to pack" She says panicking.

"I'll help you pack" I offer.

"You will?"

"Sure"

"Mom?" Laura speaks up "All my stuff is at- his house" She spits. "I can't face him"

"Don't worry Laur, Jack and I will go get it for you" I smile "Won't we Jack" I nudge him.

"Oh! Yeah sure."

"Thank you guys!" She says happily.

"Well we're gonna go do that" Jack says getting up. "Come Indie"