72

---

We meet up with the rest of the family around 1pm for lunch. Jack and I have agreed to tell everyone about us. It's now or never. We choose our food and then carry it for our table. I sit down next to Jack and he puts his hand in mine, resting it on my thigh.

"I never asked you!" Jack says suddenly, startling me.

"Asked me what?" I say looking around. The rest of them aren't sat down yet.

"Will you be my girlfriend Indigo Bartoli?" He beams.

"Of course I will!" I laugh. It's official now. I watch as the rest of the Gilinsky's (plus Sam) all sit down around us. Jack lets go of my hand and we start to eat.

"Mom? Dad?" Jack says looking up from his plate mid meal.

"Yes Jack?" Katherine says smirking.

"I need to tell you something. I've asked Indigo to be my girlfriend"

"About time!" She cheers, earning some strange looks from people sat near.

"What?" I laugh.

"We all knew you liked eachother" She explains. "I mean, you slept in the same bed last night didn't you?" She raises her eyebrow. She knew? Why'd she ask if she already knew? "I walked in on you asleep in eachothers arms early this morning"

"You aren't mad?" Jack asks.

"I always knew this day would come. Ever since Indigo moved in I was expecting this conversation."

"You guys! You're back together!" Molly squeals. "Kiss!"

"We're not kissing in front of you guys. That's embarrassing"

"Fine keep it behind closed doors then" She smirks. Oh my god.

"Molly!" I laugh.

"David make sure you give him the present we bought him for a time like this" Katherine says to Mr Gilinsky.

"Present?" I ask.

"It's a massive box of condoms" Laura bursts out laughing. "We all got one when we got into our first serious relationship."

"Stop, please" Jack says turning bright red. I place my hand on his shoulder as he turns to look at me. "Stunning" He whispers so only I can hear.

"Ugly" I whisper in the same volume.

"Rude" He laughs.

"Let's go on that big ride" Sam says breaking the silence. I follow his gaze to see a massive yellow slide with people in massive inflatable rafts sliding down. "It fits 8" He smiles.

"I'm in" I smile. We all agree and clear our plates away. Jack takes my hand, Sam takes Molly's and David takes Katherine's. I watch as Laura notices and walks awkwardly beside us.

"I still don't know why Nate couldn't come with us" She shrugs whilst rolling her eyes.

"Because this is a family outing" David exaplins.

"Sam's here. Indigo's here"

"Yes but Sam's letting us stay and Indigo is part of the family"

"No she isn't" Laura whines "She's the girl that broke your son's heart. He cried over her every night for a year."

"Laura. You're being a child" Katherine snaps.

"You cried over me?" I say to Jack.

"Yeah but that's in the past. I don't care about that anymore. I've got you now and that's all that matters" He smiles.